SAAMI certifies first composite case

More than likely. My question is why they're charging so much for it. I understand R&D costs but non reloaders can sell the brass to those of us who do
I have the same questions, but I'm guessing the R & D is military funded, my guess is because they can. Supply and demand will eventually dictate that.

I'm totally against this tech. From what I've read on the subject they are not reloadable in order to deny the enemy any re-use or scrap. Neck "tension" is set by the "glue" used to hold the bullet in. It just becomes one more component us reloaders won't have access to and outside entities can control. Currently primers are the Achilles heel. Powder has been hit or miss and I can swage my own bullets. Brass I can reuse and if I anneal regularly can have a good life. Polymer cases I do not support.

Yep - I'm not sure this belongs in the reloading section. I'm surprised this government would require them to be lead free and biodegradable.

I'm totally against this tech. From what I've read on the subject they are not reloadable in order to deny the enemy any re-use or scrap. Neck "tension" is set by the "glue" used to hold the bullet in. It just becomes one more component us reloaders won't have access to and outside entities can control. Currently primers are the Achilles heel. Powder has been hit or miss and I can swage my own bullets. Brass I can reuse and if I anneal regularly can have a good life. Polymer cases I do not support.
The glue they use is flex seal Butterbean told me so that's why I bought a bunch of their stock you guys should buy some also we will all be rich. David

The concern I would have with that stuff for a military use, is if chambers can get hot enough in battle to start having run off with brass cases, it would take a pretty ridiculous polymer to not start to melt and leave some in the chamber, leading to other issues, especially letting a round set for a bit in a nearly red hot chamber after a long string of fire....
Surely the military has considered this issue and written specs to prevent it.
The 6.8 TVCM has no neck...interesting.

it might have been too difficult to make the composite case with the angles required by a shoulder.

Only bonus I see is if the military swaps to this then all the extra brass could be used in market here

I think we should all convert to "High Performance" cartridges that we cannot reload. Just another avenue for control that hasn't been taken yet. The only advantage this high pressure cartridge could possibly have is weight. We can get better performance by just using a larger case. We don't normally carry enough ammo that weight is a problem. Actually having the ammo in the first place is more important to me. But, don't pay me any attention. I'm just old and cynical. What could I possibly know?
You're not "old and cynical." You're experienced and wise!