SAAMI certifies first composite case

Their web site lists 4 pages of "patents held"
I really don't understand the point other than for Military. The commercial loads they show on their website are pretty anemic. Bet the price isn't. Another gimmick we don't need IMO. They need to hire the genuises that thought up all the marketing hype for the Creeds and PRC's. Otherwise if they lose the Military they are toast.

I really don't understand the point other than for Military. The commercial loads they show on their website are pretty anemic. Bet the price isn't. Another gimmick we don't need IMO. They need to hire the genuises that thought up all the marketing hype for the Creeds and PRC's. Otherwise if they lose the Military they are toast.
Good point, but the market for this ammo will be geared toward non reloaders. I might be out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure there are more factory load shooters out there than reloaders. Just a thought

Given my needs in sustaining high volumes of suppressive fire while my partner advances on hogs across the open field of the ranch, this lighter weight case will drastically increase my ability to execute my hunting mission.
At $4.30 a round, I don't think high volumes of suppressive fire would be very economical.

Good point, but the market for this ammo will be geared toward non reloaders. I might be out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure there are more factory load shooters out there than reloaders. Just a thought
The performance isn't there with commercial cartridges according to their website. Pretty anemic actually.

I agree they are anemic, but as any other new product/evolution, that will improve. Look at the cell phone, that intire industry said it would never work, just ask AT&T, but look at us now, we are basically cyborgs with these devices. Give it time and brass will be obsolete and an antiquated product, smooth bore muzzle loaders come to mind here as well.
The performance isn't there with commercial cartridges according to their website. Pretty anemic

Polymer mil ammo cases have advantages other than weight reduction. During tests, poly cases had a far longer "cook off" time than brass cased ammo, and this was due to the poly blend acting like an insulator were as brass transfers heat to the powder/primer more rapidly. Poly cases tend to be more "slick" than brass thus improving loading and extraction when dirty. Under military environmental conditions, Poly does not corrode as brass does, and thus can be more reliable.
ETA: During drop and damage tests, Poly cases are far less likely to misshapen and often return to their original formed shape and function, where as brass often deforms and causes FTF issues.

Disadvantages: Poly does not extract heat from the chamber like an expended brass case will. Cost is one factor in the "initial" process, but as production ramps up for mil demand, costs does come down considerably.

Last edited:
I hunted with a guy several years ago that was helping to develop polymer cases and bullets for military use. Their "sales pitch" was because they wanted cases that the enemies could not reload, apparently that happens a lot in certain countries, and that they were lighter weight, meaning soldiers could carry more ammo.

More than likely. My question is why they're charging so much for it. I understand R&D costs but non reloaders can sell the brass to those of us who do

I hunted with a guy several years ago that was helping to develop polymer cases and bullets for military use. Their "sales pitch" was because they wanted cases that the enemies could not reload, apparently that happens a lot in certain countries, and that they were lighter weight, meaning soldiers could carry more ammo.
Dude I watched a video of a guy reloading ammo and making ak receivers out of a chopper tail skin behind a dumpster. Pretty crazy