SAAMI certifies first composite case

A while back when it was first in the news I remember the cost was incredible
The reloading or the initial production?

And I wonder if that was simply because it was new.....a brand new concept will cost more because of the initial r&d and production cost, as well as being the first on the market with an interesting product......I wonder if it will come down, or if they have the patent on it so no one else can enter the market.......that would suck, but is also likely......

The reloading or the initial production?

And I wonder if that was simply because it was new.....a brand new concept will cost more because of the initial r&d and production cost, as well as being the first on the market with an interesting product......I wonder if it will come down, or if they have the patent on it so no one else can enter the market.......that would suck, but is also likely......
The article I was looking at was loaded ammo I still don't know if they can be reloaded or not

It has to start somehow and somewhere. LOL! Most of the time, the military is the testing ground.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/u-s-army-selects-true-velocity-composite-cased-ammunition/

Most of us remember when Glock first came out with polymer technology. A lot of skepticism then, but a few followed to date.
Something caught my eye immediately when I click on your link Feenix and that picture the case has no neck so I clicked on their website and there cases have a neck I wonder which one is the latest offering https://www.tvammo.com/

It's in stock for 308.

Attachments

• C2E450B3-D01C-4B4D-BC7E-C29D6BB61816.png
    C2E450B3-D01C-4B4D-BC7E-C29D6BB61816.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 112
The concern I would have with that stuff for a military use, is if chambers can get hot enough in battle to start having run off with brass cases, it would take a pretty ridiculous polymer to not start to melt and leave some in the chamber, leading to other issues, especially letting a round set for a bit in a nearly red hot chamber after a long string of fire....

I find the concept interesting and will keep an eye it it.

With the way polymers and plastics have developed and can now be cut, manufactured, etc to very tight tolerances, could this result in extremely consistent cases? Tailored to your rifle? Will they be reloadable? Is it possible due to the material properties they don't deform or expand (I doubt it, but is this possible)?

Don't get me wrong, I will be shooting brass for a long time to come. I am an engin-nerd so when I see new technologies come around for things I like to do, I keep an eye on them. Some times they are cost prohibitive or just don't make sense to jump into right away, but someone always seems to make a better widget.