HELP my first stuck case

Thanks all for the help. I looked at the forster removal system it pulls the expander decap assembly out from the top of the die then you tap the case out with a steel rod they provide. I like the idea but then I'd have to wait to get the kit.

So my dilemma now is do I wait to get the kit or do I just cut the decap pin off and drill and tap the case, I could get that done and be back in business tonight?

Starting to develop a love hate relationship with this reloading stuff! :D

if you can find a nut or coupler that matches the threads on the decapping stem then you can use the same technique with their stuck case remover to remove the decapping rod. Just remember to use a washer. the washer helps keep the nut from binding up on the top of the die.

then all you need is a piece of straight rod that will fit down the neck of the brass to tap out the brass.

did you watch the utube video on the forster stuck case remover.

[ame]https://youtu.be/J73to_462xI[/ame]

Rcoody I did not watch the YouTube video but after looking at the instructions and thinking about it at work I went to the hardware store and got the stuff to make my own kit...worked slick. Got the case out without putting a single mark on any part of the die.

Thanks again everyone wouldn't of got it done as smooth and easy without your ideas

Now the question is why did it happen in the first place...I was trying out the rcbs case lube and lube pad. I sprayed the pad liberally with the lube rubbed it in and rolled the case on the pad 2nd case was tough so I put more lube on and 4th one stuck. Was I using the wrong lube?

I just started using Forster dies this year. The first piece of brass I resized got stuck. I was using one of the sprays, hornady I think. It was really stuck and I broke the decapping rod trying to remove it. I ended up replacing the die as it was only a few bucks more.

I have been using lee's resizing lube (in a tube) without issue so far, but it takes a while to lube each case by hand.

Rcoody I did not watch the YouTube video but after looking at the instructions and thinking about it at work I went to the hardware store and got the stuff to make my own kit...worked slick. Got the case out without putting a single mark on any part of the die.

Thanks again everyone wouldn't of got it done as smooth and easy without your ideas

Now the question is why did it happen in the first place...I was trying out the rcbs case lube and lube pad. I sprayed the pad liberally with the lube rubbed it in and rolled the case on the pad 2nd case was tough so I put more lube on and 4th one stuck. Was I using the wrong lube?

Probably too much. Clean that die up with some hoppes #9.. did you lube the inside of the necks?

Use imperial sizing wax and imperial neck lube

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/519525/imperial-case-sizing-wax-2-oz

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/892537/imperial-dry-neck-lube-application-media-1-oz

I did get the imperial dry neck lube kit and love it. With that and the unique sizing wax sizing was very easy and consistent after I got the case unstuck and cleaned the die up. I only sized a handful but for now I'm gonna stick with this setup and see how it goes as far as headspace/sizing staying consistent.

The RCBS lube pad has been around for years. It was designed to be used with the bottle RCBS lube. It is a clear thick, gooey lube. It is sticky and gooey as STP. It is a hard lube to remove from sized cases. I have used a cloth with acetone to clean left over lube off sized cases.

A spray lube may not work spraying it on the pad and rolling the cases on it. Good Luck in finding a lubing compound and system that will keep you out of the stuck case nightmare.

Throw all the other lubes in the garbage and use the imperial sizing wax, it'll fix the sticking cases problem.

Is the imperial sizing wax more firm, less tacky than the unique wax? I ask cus I could see where this would make it easier to apply very small amounts to the case and not end up with build up in the die, however I could see where this could make it easier to not put enough on too.

Is the imperial sizing wax more firm, less tacky than the unique wax? I ask cus I could see where this would make it easier to apply very small amounts to the case and not end up with build up in the die, however I could see where this could make it easier to not put enough on too.

Well i have never used anything but the imperial since i quit with the rcbs case lube and pad 40 years ago so i can't answer that question. All i know is i have never stuck a case using it. Only takes a little.

Now i am not a bulk reloader. I only reload for precision rifles. I take my time at each step of the reloading process.

Whatever works for you

Yea I'll just get some to compare side by side. It would take me years to use up the the tub of unique I have. I think it's good stuff only gripe I have is it can be easy to slop on more than you need, like it should be just a lil more firm.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.