SAAMI certifies first composite case

Something caught my eye immediately when I click on your link Feenix and that picture the case has no neck so I clicked on their website and their cases have a neck I wonder which one is the latest offering https://www.tvammo.com/
Good eye, I did not notice it as I was more concerned about the context since I have seen other pictures of it. Cheers!

I think we should all convert to "High Performance" cartridges that we cannot reload. Just another avenue for control that hasn't been taken yet. The only advantage this high pressure cartridge could possibly have is weight. We can get better performance by just using a larger case. We don't normally carry enough ammo that weight is a problem. Actually having the ammo in the first place is more important to me. But, don't pay me any attention. I'm just old and cynical. What could I possibly know?

Something caught my eye immediately when I click on your link Feenix and that picture the case has no neck so I clicked on their website and there cases have a neck I wonder which one is the latest offering https://www.tvammo.com/

I didn't notice that either. Here comes the next debate, what's better an innie or an outie. :)

From their FAQ page...

"Is your composite ammunition reloadable?

No. True Velocity ammunition is not designed to be reloaded using commercially available reloading equipment. We do not recommend attempting to reload our cartridge cases."
Ya.....but Peterson cartridge company also say on their site to not fireform their brass, yet also sells wildcat tubes lol

I agree though. I am more just curious what it would take to make it happen.

Flex Seal?????
Screenshot_20220202-112859_Samsung Internet.jpg

The reloading or the initial production?

And I wonder if that was simply because it was new.....a brand new concept will cost more because of the initial r&d and production cost, as well as being the first on the market with an interesting product......I wonder if it will come down, or if they have the patent on it so no one else can enter the market.......that would suck, but is also likely......
Their web site lists 4 pages of "patents held"

Kind of a 'smarter move'...rather than leaving "reloadable brass" on the grounds that can be picked up and reloaded and used against our Frontline troops....be even better if once it was fired and ejected..that it become an enemy reloader time bomb and blow up their weapons....
Concepts.....

Recent Posts