SAAMI certifies first composite case

The reloading or the initial production?

And I wonder if that was simply because it was new.....a brand new concept will cost more because of the initial r&d and production cost, as well as being the first on the market with an interesting product......I wonder if it will come down, or if they have the patent on it so no one else can enter the market.......that would suck, but is also likely......
As far as I know they are non reloadable and take special proprietary machines to eve make the factory ammo.

Found the article ? .277 SIG FURY DEMYSTIFIED is a 6.8 cartridge based on the 308 case. The Army wanted it for there new machinegun- .277 Fury was designed for the military. Specifically for SIGS belt fed machine gun entry 140 gr 3,000 fps w/ 15 inch bbl. three piece cartridge the brass part is the body-shoulder- neck , the base of the case is stainless steel and is where most of the psi happens and the 3rd ??? glue ???? besides the bullet. to put it all together !! is claiming 80,000 PSI and say maybe 100,000 PSI for an action ?????

READ THE ARTICAL: 277 SIG FURY ( Times are changing )

Last edited:
A friend who was an infantry grunt in Vietnam told me that he would carry 1200 rounds into a firefight, and borrow ammo from his fallen comrades. Another friend that was in Fallujah said they were carrying 120 lbs. into combat. Lighter is better.

A friend who was an infantry grunt in Vietnam told me that he would carry 1200 rounds into a firefight, and borrow ammo from his fallen comrades. Another friend that was in Fallujah said they were carrying 120 lbs. into combat. Lighter is better.
The current Military consumption of ammo has been stated to be 1.6Billion rounds/year. It's understandable that they would be looking for a more efficient solution, and Companies would be highly driven to participate.

You California reloaders better keep quiet about this development. If your state politicians get wind of this, they'll mandate it for all ammo sold in the state, "to protect the environment and wildlife from brass contamination."
I am pretty sure brass causes cancer and birth defects in lab rats in California.

we all know where part of the ammo supply for the army is of 1,6 billion rounds are : FJB left it for all the bad guys along with the Americans still over there.. and cloths, trucks, planes .food and now they are selling it all. FJB FJB FJB FJB !!!!! GO BRANDON