Reloading Press Help

First, it is not defective, with a new toggle in place, it would be fair to sell it imo.

As far as a strength issue…..it seems to be breaking in shear. The 2 C shaped brackets are loading the toggle as it the handle. That makes right side foes pretty direct and left side loading the thin point in shear.

Using 2 handles or custom building a U handle is the fix. I would get a second handle for use on tough to size brass. Splitting that handle force should fix that. Not sure what breaks next….likely nothing.

All this said, let RCBS do the engineering. It was likely a bad run where material properties were a bit off. I'll bet they just figure there will be done small % fixed through warranty, and they are good.

This is much better than car companies that blame the customer or small companies that blame and ignore issues.

If RCBS is willing to replace the part I wouldn't modify it. I would let the warranty stand. If you modify the part, you may void their willingness to replace it.

As just mentioned from nks, if it is a known thing but small percentage, they will just take care of the few.

If it was a large problem, they would discontinue the model or replace with an upgraded part.

Alternatively, you could sell your press once you install the replacement part and just move to something different.

If RCBS is willing to replace the part I wouldn't modify it. I would let the warranty stand. If you modify the part, you may void their willingness to replace it.
They didn't ask to see anything for me to get this replacement.
As just mentioned from nks, if it is a known thing but small percentage, they will just take care of the few.
Yup
If it was a large problem, they would discontinue the model or replace with an upgraded part.
In order for any of these companies to make a fundamental change in the product they would need some legal pressure to do so. They won't do the right thing until pressured in legal fashion.
Alternatively, you could sell your press once you install the replacement part and just move to something different.
Nah, I've been threatened with a good time! 😆

Well crap I just bought the summit and will be here Monday. Buggers
I would call RCBS and get the upgraded bolt kit. It will be free. I can see a benefit to the bolt upgrade in that you can't over tighten them. With all bolts tightened the same, there be might some prevention from toggle breakage.

Last edited:
I would call RCBS and get the upgraded bolt kit. It will be free. I can see a benefit to the bolt upgrade in that you can't over tighten them. With all bolts tightened the same, there be might some prevention from toggle breakage.
Just called rcbs and they are out of stock but when it comes in again I am in line for upgrade kit. Thx

Ain't gonna get caught by Murphy again! Two is one and one is none! That Rebel press with Inline Fabrication 4" mount is sublime! Most accurate bullet seating I've ever had!
IMG_0338.jpeg