Reloading press

My $0.02, Rockchucker since 1975, has loaded everything and reforms 378 Wby to 338-378KT with no problem. Inherited my Dad's 12 station Hollywood turret, circa late 1950's, and load pistol calibers on it. Both will out live me, which makes me wonder what I'm going to do with my other brand new Rockchucker my cuz gave me... 🤔

I started with a Rock Chucker in 1976 and still use it, the primer dust has caused slop in the ram slowly so its been put on depriming duties. I was looking for a Co Ax to replace it with and waited months for one to appear but never happened, read the press comparison thats been posted on this thread and really compared the numbers the presses produced in real life testing and the Mec Marksman and RCBS Summit seemed to be the ones.

Bought a Summit and never regretted it, float in the shellholder/large ram and grease fitting/ability to "cam" over with dies/made in US......... and the fact they sit flat without hanging below the bench is another advantage I like. Good Luck with whatever press you get :)

I just got a RCBS Rebel a few months ago to replace a cheaper Lee. I can't believe how heavy duty and smooth this Rebel is. I'll never look back.
Sorry to hijack, but can you elaborate on how well the ease of use is please?
I am looking for one, but none are here in Australia as yet.
I am think of getting one if the handle throw is about the same as a RC Supreme.

Cheers.

How do you like the turret press? The concept intrigues me but that system doesn't seem to get much love around here.
I like it for ease of set-up.
I can put 18 different cartridges spread over 3 heads. It takes about a minute and a half to swap heads. I only size cases in it that are for regular hunting, I have never measured any runout issues with it, but it does move when the ram bottoms out at the top of the stroke.
The ONE thing I don't like about it is that I cannot set up a die in the turret then swap it to the Supreme, the lock ring heights end up different.
I like to kiss the die when sizing, not necessarily cam over per se'.
I will try different dies and shell holders to accomplish this if necessary.
I find removing the slop in the linkages gives me very consistent and repeatable results. Unlike those on the forum where I was banned. This is IMPOSSIBLE according to them.

Cheers.

Lyman All-American 8... love it. It's really tight for a turret press, and is painless because I can leave all my dies set up.
The only thing I didn't like was the orange paint, haha!
D7E6317C-4AF2-4AB2-A6EB-83170EDF4A53.jpeg

I've been using my "Pacific" branded coax for 40 plus years. Just upgraded a couple parts ordered from Forster..fit great..great service and shipped immediately. I also have a summit that I prefer for bullet seating and pulling bullets. I recommend using Forster seating dies and get very tight runout. I shortened the standard handle on my summit, still has good leverage

I have 2 CO-AX units. One is 40 years old, the other is about 5 years.
Never had one seconds trouble with either, and the older one has
loaded literally ten of thousands of rounds from 22 hornet to 45-70.
I have a RCBS Rockchucker as well, but it gets minimal use these days
Dave.

Last edited:
get whatever you can get your hands on.

i had a couple Lee's over the years. i currently have a Lyman, and Frankfort arsenal. nothing wrong with Lee, lyman, or hornady.

but i would love to add a Forster Co-ax if i was in the market for another.

a lot of folks go with the RCBS rock chucker, and i'll add that down the road as well

I have used an RCBS press for over 30 years, great piece of kit.I also bought a new RCBS summit press that is a really solidly built press, the only niggle is it comes with a long handle, the short handles comes at extra cost and guess what the short one is the one I use most.That's life!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.