Reloading press

I have had one of those for several years but recently started having trouble getting cases removed from the jaws. I don't think open wide enough. I put new jaws and springs in but it didn't help.

I have had one of those for several years but recently started having trouble getting cases removed from the jaws. I don't think open wide enough. I put new jaws and springs in but it didn't help.
Theres a round/pointed pin that opens the shellholder on the downstroke.
The pin is threaded, screw it up to get shellholder to open further.
May have backed out over the years so that it no longer opens the shellholder completely.

Theres a round/pointed pin that opens the shellholder on the downstroke.
The pin is threaded, screw it up to get shellholder to open further.
May have backed out over the years so that it no longer opens the shellholder completely.
I have a RCBS A2 never had a problem. I like it very much. I highly recommend it.

I have a Rock Chucker Supreme with some of the Inline Fab upgrades (handle and primer catch). The press scored very well in the UR test, weighs a ton, and has been smooth and easy to use.

I used a Lee Challenger for a long time, it's not a bad press as all, just barely weighs as much as the ram arm on the Rock Chucker and the consistency isn't what I needed. Fine for making average reloads, but who reloads to be average?

I have a Frankford Arsenal M Press, I like it, works as designed, floating dies like the Forster. This is my second Single Stage have a Lyman that I had to use for my 45-120 Sharps, but it is retired to the attack and have not used the Sharps in a very long time. The other press that was always in use the Frankford replaced was a Lyman All American, one with red paint, so figure 70's model, purchased it used from an old buddy of mine. The Frankford press is just as fast on changing dies as turning the turret, plus the spent primer catch is great.

And you have used the adjustment screw located under the press to widen the jaws and they still won't release enough?

I had a RCBS RockChucker for 20 years, it was my first press and was second hand then.
Have had a Redding Big Boss II, RCBS Ammomaster, RCBS Turret and RCBS RockChucker Supreme.
Due to hand and shoulder issues, the Turret and Supreme press are all I use these days.
My Big Boss sits gathering dust, the throw of the handle is just too darn long for me and my shoulder fatigues within 10 minutes of use.
The Ammomaster was sold years ago.
I had a Lyman Orange Crusher I borrowed off a mate for several months when work took me interstate, it was a good press, albeit small in the window for cases like 375 Weatherby.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.