Help newbe select a reloading press.

Reloader,
I just want to express how impressed I was when full resizing 300 RUM cases in my Forster Coax press, it's just hard to believe. Large cases is not even a concern. Also I would check the out of round after resizing and it does such a great job... [0.0005, 0.0000], not to mention the other goodies like catching the spend primers, and once you set it up you only slide the dies in an out to get the exactly same results as before. The only draw back is when reloading larger cases using different brand dies, some of them will not fit in the room obtained to swing the arm. I'm very happy with mine and I think is one of the very best out there.

I have a Redding T-7 turret press. I love it.
Makes great ammo and I can keep several dies set up and ready to go.

I hate it when I do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I've been using a Lee Handpress for almost a year now. Yes, I have access to better presses, but I've found that using the Redding Competition dies (for my personal outfit anyway) in the Handpress still gives me the .000" neck runout and .001" bullet runout that I can achieve with a heavy bench mounted press.
So... IMHO, spend the big $ on the dies and don't worry so much about the press you put them in.
Coyoter

PS, since you're "encoreguy" I'm guessing that's what you shoot. Have you checked out gunstocks inc.? They've got some really nice aftermarket stock sets. I bought the Stinger stock and the Varminter forend and love the setup.

Len, Drop me an email if all the parts are their, i would be interested in your forester press. Thank you Rudedog

I use the redding turret and think its the best most solid press I have ever used you want accuracy go with a good strong press mounted on a good strong heavy bench. The ultra mag is a very nice press as well. If you can't get your bit to pay for the turret I would say the redding big boss over any of the presses in this price range around 100 -130 not positive. The fella that has the co ax you shoul consider as log as your loading standard type rounds. the tall dies can be an issue so I understand.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I have a used big boss I would sell for 75.00an it is in good shape.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when I do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I've been using a Lee Handpress for almost a year now. Yes, I have access to better presses, but I've found that using the Redding Competition dies (for my personal outfit anyway) in the Handpress still gives me the .000" neck runout and .001" bullet runout that I can achieve with a heavy bench mounted press.
So... IMHO, spend the big $ on the dies and don't worry so much about the press you put them in.
Coyoter

PS, since you're "encoreguy" I'm guessing that's what you shoot. Have you checked out gunstocks inc.? They've got some really nice aftermarket stock sets. I bought the Stinger stock and the Varminter forend and love the setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link for the Encore stock. I do shoot an Encore Rifle and Pistol as well as a Savage 10FP. Part of the reason for reloading is for the Encore pistol, they shoot great but really need custom ammo.

How about the rcbs reloader special-5 press how doe's it compare to the rcbs partner press I'm just get in to it my self to.I have the dies will the 338-378 weatherby rcbs dies fit other press?I don't want to spend alot either I want to see how easy it is or is it grief? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I still use my lyman orange crusher, it works great for anything from a 9mm to a 300 rum, i'll continue to use it even when I get my new dillon prog.

if that forester is still available for $120 and it should be perfect the way it's built buy that. i got mine after starting with a hornady ap which is now put away. you'll save the difference on shell holders (not needed) and the quaility is superb. dies slide in and out in 3 seconds. it'll still be used when we are dust. advise us what you got.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.