Questions for the Chassis Gang

Little bit of Range time yesterday with the chassis rig. This pic is a 3 shot group on a 10" square steel at 550 yards (video wouldn't load here, note the copper mono impacts). The goal was to get some more practice in with the new setup and true my drops a little better. The chassis is still exceeding expectations. I was able to spot impacts from 400-600 yards. Its surprisingly easy to shoot. I did not try any closer than 400. Shooting 338 mono's is tough on steel!

Attachments

• 20220802_104128.jpg
    20220802_104128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Little bit of Range time yesterday with the chassis rig. This pic is a 3 shot group on a 10" square steel at 550 yards (video wouldn't load here). The goal was to get some more practice in with the new setup and true my drops a little better. The chassis is still exceeding expectations. I was able to spot impacts from 400-600 yards. Its surprisingly easy to shoot. I did not try any closer than 400. Shooting 338 mono's is tough on steel!
Nice shooting

Little bit of Range time yesterday with the chassis rig. This pic is a 3 shot group on a 10" square steel at 550 yards (video wouldn't load here). The goal was to get some more practice in with the new setup and true my drops a little better. The chassis is still exceeding expectations. I was able to spot impacts from 400-600 yards. Its surprisingly easy to shoot. I did not try any closer than 400. Shooting 338 mono's is tough on steel!
I saw a video of this. Nice Shooting fella. 👍

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

View attachment 384622
Here is a 3 shot group at 500 yards a couple of weeks ago with my 6 BRA. That is with an unbedded XLR Envy pro.
Ok, so you have to take the rifle from your air conditioned office at 70* outside into 90* temps and shoot it, then let it acclimate and shoot it again, to see if your accuracy or precision diminishes. That's "their" argument.

Nice work BTW, the BRA is one of my favorites. I've been shooting one in PRS since 2018.

Ok, so you have to take the rifle from your air conditioned office at 70* outside into 90* temps and shoot it, then let it acclimate and shoot it again, to see if your accuracy or precision diminishes. That's "their" argument.

Nice work BTW, the BRA is one of my favorites. I've been shooting one in PRS since 2018.

Lots of speculation and anecdotes on the effect temperature in accuracy with chassis… But little substance.. . If there is an "objective" study of the effects of temperature I would be very interested to see it. I would think this issue would have surfaced years ago with the Remington/Sendaro style mini-chassis' integrated within synthetic stocks…

Mine has e

Lots of speculation and anecdotes on the effect temperature in accuracy with chassis… But little substance.. . If there is an "objective" study of the effects of temperature I would be very interested to see it. I would think this issue would have surfaced years ago with the Remington/Sendaro style mini-chassis' integrated within synthetic stocks…

Mine has e
According to Orkan, it's factual, and the effects of the temperature changes on metallic materials and their relativity to a rifles chassis and accuracy is inarguable...

According to Orkan, it's factual, and the effects of the temperature changes on metallic materials and their relativity to a rifles chassis and accuracy is inarguable...
It may be factual, but to what extent will the effects be noticed? I doubt for the majority of us anyone of us will notice any difference….at all. So, there are many more pros to using a chassis than worrying about temperature effects on dissimilar materials. And I am voicing through my experience as an owner of one.

It may be factual, but to what extent will the effects be noticed? I doubt for the majority of us anyone of us will notice any difference….at all. So, there are many more pros to using a chassis than worrying about temperature effects on dissimilar materials. And I am voicing through my experience as an owner of one.
I cannot argue that any metallic material will dimensionally change with temperature, but can you name anything that doesn't? I can argue to the effect that it has on accuracy and precision, which has proven to be minimal, if measurable at all.

There is a difference between stating facts and presenting facts/supporting information. Yes, metal is effected by temperature changes. But to what extent do the changes cause a material effect on performance. My personal experiences indicate no issues for my LRH/competition applications.

Last edited:
Someone doesn't know much about Fclass. The 2019 NRA LR Nat champ shot a MPA chassis....The 2021 MR Nat champ shot a Eliseo chassis. Walk up and down the line at any major event and you will see an assortment of chassis's.

I can tell you after McMillan stocks lost the military sniper contract they did a boat load of testing to prove chassis's were not as accurate as a fiberglass stock. The bottom line is chassis were not from a aggregate stand point. The difference in the grand scheme of things was it didn't matter.

The most accurate rifles only win benchrest matches.....nobody in BR shoots a chassis or Foundation stock.