Pros and Cons of the Remington Sendero

Bam, that is excellent shooting form a well tuned rifle. H 4831 is a great powder, and you are a hell of a shooter.

Thank you.

Back in the day, I never weighed the powder. Just relied on how well I can run the Culver on the Lyman 55. The powder measure fit up was done by Homer Culver himself. Homer made 2 inserts for me.

Later on when Bill Wylde was building my competition ARs in the late 90s, I gave him the extra insert. Bill machined his own thrower from SS. He used that set up till he retired from F Class shooting.

Back in October I swapped the muzzle brake on my Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag to a tuner brake. I squeezed the last little bit out of the load I had been working on. Only 100 yards and the dot in the target is 0.5" (1/2"). Group 5 was where I left it that day. Group 3, without that flyer, would have been really nice.

7MM Rem Mag 1st Tuner Test.jpg

I wish I could put some input in on the 264 Win but I've never pulled the trigger on mine. I do have an identical 300 RUM that has had some hunting time and range time. I run a break on it. It's been beaded and trigger tuned. Best group was about 1/2 to 3/4 inch group at 200 yards. It's shoots good enough for 1K shooting at animals. This is also, all hand loads. Downer it's a heavy rifle and I'm a fat guy so that kind of sucks hiking with it. But when I had a buck that just wouldn't stop till he was way away…Well at 761 yards it was no question. Especially with a 220grain bullet. One squeeze and dirt nap. So I like them just heavy to pack,,,,,,for a fat guy.