Ok - I need some help deciding on caliber... PLEASE AND THANK YOU

My WAG is that you might encounter proper feeding issues. Even if you resolved the feeding issue, the custom-loaded ammunition might not be loaded for your build. You have been provided sound advice from the LRH community. However, it is a risk/decision you must make yourself.
Sorry to derail your post OP.

If you aren't a reloader I wouldn't even consider a WSSM. Little to no factory ammo being made and brass supply is drying up.

Got it - thanks.
Also, you might want to get with Defiance Machine about their satisfaction guarantee. IIRC, if you don't like it, they'll change it, swap it, or refund your money. They want all of their customers to be 100% satisfied with the quality of their products. I understand it is not a quality issue, but they might entertain it. The worst thing they'll say is no. Good luck!

Also, you might want to get with Defiance Machine about their satisfaction guarantee. IIRC, if you don't like it, they'll change it, swap it, or refund your money. They want all of their customers to be 100% satisfied with the quality of their products. I understand it is not a quality issue, but they might entertain it. The worst thing they'll say is no. Good luck!
That could be an option, doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

300 PRC or 7mm PRC. My son just built a 300 PRC and it is tough. Check out the ballistics. I personally would go with the 7mm. You'll need a high twist rate barrel for long heavy bullets.

Hornady makes factory ammo for all the PRC and Creedmoor family. You probably already knew that.

Get a single stage press. Reload. My current magnum is a 7mm Rem Mag (custom bolt action). Still does the job. I never shoot more than 100 rounds per year through it and that is not much of a time suck to reload for. But, then again, I don't waste time watching TV so, there is that.

Cheers,
Wooly

I'd sell the action and start reloading before I'd build a wildcat cartridge in these times. Not to mention, no guarantee that the rifle will shoot that ammunition well.

Or

Sell or trade the action for one with an appropriate bolt face and get back on track with a 6 Creed. Ammo has been available even through this shortage mess and likely will shoot really well.

That is my best suggestion for you.

Good Luck,
Steve
I'll say it again. If you are wanting a 6 Creed or something along those lines, do not make do or make what you have work. Build exactly what YOU want. That is, after all, one of the biggest benefits of a custom rifle. Getting exactly what you want.

Sell or trade the action and build it right and the way you want it!

Merry Christmas,
Steve

I'll say it again. If you are wanting a 6 Creed or something along those lines, do not make do or make what you have work. Build exactly what YOU want. That is, after all, one of the biggest benefits of a custom rifle. Getting exactly what you want.

Sell or trade the action and build it right and the way you want it!

Merry Christmas,
Steve
This is the right thing to do - thank you.