Ok - I need some help deciding on caliber... PLEASE AND THANK YOU

My original want was to be able to have a good bit of energy at 1k which obviously isn't going to happen with a 25SAUM in a 20" barrel. My mindset changed when I started thinking about a coyote/antelope build and my need for hunting energy at 1k was abandoned. I'm still in the mindset of a lightweight, short, suppressed coyote/antelope build. The 6.5PRC and 270WSM are both overkill for that type of duty which is why I'm stuck on a quarter bore or something in the 6mm family. Being that I have the XM action with mag bolt face I'm probably barking up the wrong tree with a small bore cartridge but it's what I'd like to do.
Maybe look at the 6mm PRC Primal.

I think you are correct - this is probably going to be my move. No sense in trying to Frankenstein something to play the role of the 6CM when I can just sell/trade the action and get what I want. I'd really love to have the ANTI-X action, just obviously short action .308 bolt face.... anyone have one they want to trade up?
Idk if you're interested but, I'd trade you a Rem 700 tactical in 6.5creed in an Oryx chassis and Timney trigger for your action.
We can negotiate one way or the other depending on scope.

Attachments

• 3ECC7A03-8DF3-4363-9962-DE1EDACBBC0D.jpeg
    3ECC7A03-8DF3-4363-9962-DE1EDACBBC0D.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 27
Maybe look at the 6mm PRC Primal.
I don't know that anyone is custom loading for that yet but it would be a great option for sure.

Idk if you're interested but, I'd trade you a Rem 700 tactical in 6.5creed in an Oryx chassis and Timney trigger for your action.
We can negotiate one way or the other depending on scope.
I appreciate the offer but I definitely don't need another 6.5CM

Could just buy a new bolt with a standard bolt .308 face
I was actually trying to get in touch with defiance all afternoon to ask that very question. Any idea on the price for a new bolt? Also, what about the XM length - will that be an issue? I have the XM BDL bottom metal as well so I'm thinking the feed lips might be too wide for the 6CM as well. Have to get in touch with Defiance to be sure.

Man—I know no one is supporting it—but the 6.8 western is a really fine cartridge. 130 grain bullets and it is a bad *** varmint rig—with heavy 170 and heavier minis it is a formidable medium on stuff up to elk…put it in a XM with some room…perfect cartridge

Last edited:
If you don't have time to reload, how do you have enough time to go shoot?

I've been reloading for 2 years now and it's made the biggest impact on my shooting and hunting than anything else I've ever done.

Man—I know no one is supporting it—but the 6.8 western is a really fine cartridge. 130 grain bullets and it is a bad *** varmint rig—with heavy 170 and heavier minis it is a formidable medium on stuff up to elk…put it in a XM with some room…perfect cartridge

Got one - absolutely love it running1/4 MOA with 175 TGK's @2810fps and it's a hammer. Built it last year and got a custom load worked up from Pendleton and couldn't be happier with it. I don't need two of them so here I am wondering what else I could build that will be lighter recoiling for predator hunting and for my 10 year old to start shooting.

If you don't have time to reload, how do you have enough time to go shoot?

I've been reloading for 2 years now and it's made the biggest impact on my shooting and hunting than anything else I've ever done.
Maybe I should say I don't have the equipment or "time to learn" how to reload. I've got plenty of time to shoot, that's never been an issue for me and I've always been good at it. Not sure how that correlates but all in all it would probably take me a year just to locate all the components just to be able to reload. I'd rather spend the money on a good custom ammo builder and have them work up a load so I can go do what I'm good at.

Got one - absolutely love it running1/4 MOA with 175 TGK's @2810fps and it's a hammer. Built it last year and got a custom load worked up from Pendleton and couldn't be happier with it. I don't need two of them so here I am wondering what else I could build that will be lighter recoiling for predator hunting and for my 10 year old to start shooting.

The easy 22 or 6mm creedmoor…