Nosler 270Win Vs Norma 280Rem Brass

It certainly is closer to WW weight and quality
I've actually had really good luck with Winchester and Nosler's quality, so I wouldn't be disappointed if it's refined Winchester brass. I never was overly-impressed with Norma. I always thought it was good brass, but nothing worth writing home about.

Sent a link to the wife for some rws brass. She's been hounding me about what I want for Christmas so maybe I'll have some forming to do between then and the new year. Like I said, I've had pretty good luck with nosler in other chamberings but the lot of 270 I got was a big disappointment. Especially with a wildcat that has to be formed first. Figure I'll get the good stuff and be done with it for the life of the barrel now. The nosler stuff seems to be nice and consistent, just too soft for full tilt loads. If a guy were to back off to the lower node, I'm sure it'd last a while longer. I just didn't have any other signs showing up before it was too late.

Haha my thoughts exactly. Mostly I was just trying not to be a total brand basher and come across as though I thought it was total junk and had no use. That isn't the case, there are just better options out there for this particular case design in my opinion.

Maybe phorwath could compare the lengths on his if still virgin brass?
My Nosler 270 cases are all fireformed, so too late to measure the parent brass.
Nosler 270 Win brass after fireforming length is 2.500"

Norma 280 Rem brass after fireforming length is 2.515"
Norma 280 Rem brass prior to fireforming length is 2.529"

That's exactly what it should be. I usually figure they go for 2.530 new to 2.515 formed. It almost sounds like they used there A.I. trim die on the std. 280 brass? I can't imagine it shrinking .030". If it was only a couple cases, maybe, but not all 100!

That's the only brass I've shot for accuracy with in this rifle so far and I have no complaints as far as that goes. It shoots lights out with it but I do worry about a carbon ring building up. I plan on a thorough clean before moving on to different brass. Don't have a borescope to inspect it and know for sure

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.