Hornady brass versus lapua vs norma: 300WM

shilen30

I am currently using federal gold medal brass for my 300WM. They have a few firings and I am needing to get some new brass. A few guys have told me that the new hornady brass is great for the money (wall concentricity, consistant weight, etc) and others say it would be better to spend the extra money for lapua. I am not currently in competitions where I live due to the lack of interest in the region, but I would say I thrive on tight groups and will shoot 300-400 rounds before a yearly hunting trip so accuracy does matter, but so does price. Has anyone used the hornady brass and can comment on the consistancy of it?

I tried some of the Hornady brass for a 300Wby , I diden't care for it it seemed alot like Remington brass , it was more consistant though.

I've tried Lapua in several calibers and it always seems to last longer and is nore consistant from batch to batch.

I haven't used any Lapua in my 300 win , I've been using Winchester brass that was match preped and sorted.
I bought 500 pieces of once fired brass from the "Brass Man" for about $70 , I came away with just over 300 pieces of matched brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.