Nightforce Customer Service

I think people are talking past each other here. I think OP was just expecting them to be more collaborative on a solution at a minimum. Even if they said "We are so sorry this happened but glad everyone is ok, blah blah. You are welcome to send your scopes to us and we will see what we can do. But, just to make sure you are aware, it is our scopes are rarely salvageable bc the heat causes blah blah blah and fire damage would not be covered under warranty."

And before responding that person should talk to their supervisor and see what could be done to help him, if anything. Maybe 10% off, maybe more, maybe nothing. Even if nothing more is offered I personally would feel better about some kind of response that at least wasn't a thinly disguised "sorry this happened but we can't help".

At least make it sound better if nothing else. I have several NF scopes and I would be kind of bummed if I didn't get something a little warmer than what OP got. If someone owns 7 of your scopes they deserve a little better attention. NF doesn't owe him anything, but could use this as an opportunity to maintain or even build the relationship. At least make the customer feel valued.
Yeah Nightforce didn't do anything wrong but Vortex did something all kinds of right. I'm totally impressed by that response.

Nightforce scopes arent cheap. If I was a company that got a letter that a customer who owned 6 of my products and lost all in a fire, I would offer them 1 replacement of their choice to get them back in the game.

Thats just me, because I know that customers build brand loyalty on products they can depend on and thats more than just in the field... that one free scope will eventually come back to 5 more future sales as the customer rebuilds.

A bunch of those floor safes are just a few layers of drywall , bundled together between a 10gauge steel jacket. Dude, Nightforce scopes are still good stuff, the house fire didn't change that!! Just put in a reorder for seven new ones, then ask if they can do a say 5% off, and couple T-shirts, they gotta stay in business too, these days it's ruff. Make sure ya get a guy, on the phone that knows the whole deal, see what he can do for ya's, good luck.

I think some other takeaways from this thread is evaluate your own FD response time, maybe even invite FD to provide recommendations, review fire rated safe performance, evaluate insurance for specifically firearms, evaluate homeowners, consider fire suppression systems, evaluate fire safe added on protection or in home construction. We live in rural area with 20-30 response times so I simply decided to insure firearms through NRA. Complete documentation with photographs stored in small high temp fire safe placed in firearm safe. I do not expect to realistically recover anything so to protect investments, purchase full coverage insurance.

...., Nightforce scopes are still good stuff, the house fire didn't change that!! Just put in a reorder for seven new ones, then ask if they can do a say 5% off, and couple T-shirts, they gotta stay in business too, these days it's ruff. Make sure ya get a guy, on the phone that knows the whole deal, see what he can do for ya's, good luck.
If you are placing an order for seven NF scopes start by asking for 20% off and let them negotiate you down. In a negotiation always start with a position that you can give up something. Who cares about T-shirts.

If you are placing an order for seven NF scopes start by asking for 20% off and let them negotiate you down. In a negotiation always start with a position that you can give up something. Who cares about T-shirts.
Ha,Ha, 20%off, not sure, they probably don't make that even. NF is not this made in China BS.A guy can always use a T-shirt or a hat from a good outfit. ThinkN, this guy just wants all his stuff back in order again, with same, NightForce quality, as before his house fire. He did like the vortex T-shirts, so they are a plus.

Ha,Ha, 20%off, not sure, they probably don't make that even. NF is not this made in China BS.A guy can always use a T-shirt or a hat from a good outfit. ThinkN, this guy just wants all his stuff back in order again, with same, NightForce quality, as before his house fire. He did like the vortex T-shirts, so they are a plus.
I believe you missed my point. Just like Unions and Companies negotiate new contracts....ask high then compromise. If you don't ask you will not normally get anything. There was a motivational speaker, Jack Canfield, who preached "Ask, ask, ask" The worst you can get is a 'NO'. But in my personal experience, if you ask nicely, you will get something about 90+% of the time.
Of course in some cases like Vortex and Pro Ears you don't even have to ask.......my personal experience speaking again.

I think people are talking past each other here. I think OP was just expecting them to be more collaborative on a solution at a minimum. Even if they said "We are so sorry this happened but glad everyone is ok, blah blah. You are welcome to send your scopes to us and we will see what we can do. But, just to make sure you are aware, it is our scopes are rarely salvageable bc the heat causes blah blah blah and fire damage would not be covered under warranty."

And before responding that person should talk to their supervisor and see what could be done to help him, if anything. Maybe 10% off, maybe more, maybe nothing. Even if nothing more is offered I personally would feel better about some kind of response that at least wasn't a thinly disguised "sorry this happened but we can't help".

At least make it sound better if nothing else. I have several NF scopes and I would be kind of bummed if I didn't get something a little warmer than what OP got. If someone owns 7 of your scopes they deserve a little better attention. NF doesn't owe him anything, but could use this as an opportunity to maintain or even build the relationship by at least making the customer feel valued.

Strongly agree. It's the attitude not the money.

Good will is difficult to buy; it must be earned. The ROI is almost always far outta proportion to the cost in effort, time & dollars. Especially now when one person's experience can be widely shared online.

Ryan, your loss is inconceivable for those who haven't gone through it. God Bless that all of your family survived without physical harm.

I suggest attempting to get ahold of NF top management as they're more likely to think long term. An end user having bought $14K of their product deserves more, imo, than a polite kiss off. A couple of scopes heavily discounted is a small cost relative to the good will engendered by helping a customer get back into the hunt; the reply you rec'd sounds like someone "just doin' their job" without regard to the long term benefit to NF of a humane response.

It's an opportunity rather than one more routine issue disposed of in a day's work; ultimately likely to cost them 10X the cost of selling a couple of scopes at or near cost. Worker bees usually don't consider that.

If top management is the same, I and many others must take that into account when considering an expensive scope.

Last edited:
I believe you missed my point. Just like Unions and Companies negotiate new contracts....ask high then compromise. If you don't ask you will not normally get anything. There was a motivational speaker, Jack Canfield, who preached "Ask, ask, ask" The worst you can get is a 'NO'. But in my personal experience, if you ask nicely, you will get something about 90+% of the time.
Of course in some cases like Vortex and Pro Ears you don't even have to ask.......my personal experience speaking again.
Think you probably missed NF in the reply, gave a polite response, in a fire usually not repairable. Very Precision made scopes those NF. With similar logic, if ya always bought GM vehicles for over 50 years with $1000's of dollars invested, then, a moose runs out in front of your pickup truck, ya call the CEO at GM? Think maybe just order your new scopes and get back out there hunting again.

First, so sorry for your loss and I am glad everyone is ok.

I think the real moral of this story and the message that we should all take from it is that we need to keep up on our insurance policies and make sure they cover what we expect them to cover. While I think Nightforce could have worked with you - like provided discount on a future order or something, I agree with @FURMAN in that I will still continue to buy Nightforces for guns that I need to be reliable when I am 5 miles in the woods.
100K insurance is 10K a year. 10% is a high number, year after year.

Think you probably missed NF in the reply, gave a polite response, in a fire usually not repairable. Very Precision made scopes those NF. With similar logic, if ya always bought GM vehicles for over 50 years with $1000's of dollars invested, then, a moose runs out in front of your pickup truck, ya call the CEO at GM? Think maybe just order your new scopes and get back out there hunting again.
No, but I would talk to my local car dealer and since I had given him 50 years of business, how about a 'deal' on my next purchase. Ask, Ask, Ask....what is the downside.

No, but I would talk to my local car dealer and since I had given him 50 years of business, how about a 'deal' on my next purchase. Ask, Ask, Ask....what is the downside.
Yep, wouldn't want to pressure those guys over a wrecked truck, GM had zero to do with cause of losing. That's not negotiating, it's badgering. Would say,if ya got the new rifles done, order up the NF scopes, don't even think about the fire deal. Elk season before ya know it!

If the scopes were $60k each it would be a more logical comparison. I'll give you another example. My wife was trying to compile a list of things we recently purchased for the insurance company. We do a fair bit of shopping on Amazon and the list for just one years worth was 20 something pages. She called to ask if there was a way for her to print it all instead of just opening each individual order and printing the invoice. The person she spoke to told her that she didn't think there was another way and asked if she needed it done right then or if she could wait if it was for taxes etc. My wife told her the reason. She put her on hold for a few minutes. When she returned Amazon had reshipped every item we had ordered in the last 90 days and never charged us a penny.
We never asked Amazon for anything. We never asked Nightforce or Vortex either. For the hundredth time this is not a thread to bash any brand or promote another. Just a simple post showing members the situation they may find themselves in. It's not on anyone or any company to cover any of my losses. That's what my insurance is for. Amazon is a bit larger company than nightforce and they chose to lend a hand where they could. They didn't have to and I wouldn't have been mad or the least bit upset. Dang sure made me feel better about buying from Amazon. As it should others.
I'm not gonna reply to any more nonsense. I'm here trying to help and offer info to those that may want or need it. I lost every item I own. All my mounts, rifles, scopes, pistols, clothes, collectibles and the lost goes on. You never really know what that feels like till it's you. And a $350k coverage for contents of your house doesn't go very far. Make sure you have a firearms rider and insure to cover every item you can. When you start talking about guns to insurance companies the brakes start going on reeeealll fast.

If the scopes were $60k each it would be a more logical comparison. I'll give you another example. My wife was trying to compile a list of things we recently purchased for the insurance company. We do a fair bit of shopping on Amazon and the list for just one years worth was 20 something pages. She called to ask if there was a way for her to print it all instead of just opening each individual order and printing the invoice. The person she spoke to told her that she didn't think there was another way and asked if she needed it done right then or if she could wait if it was for taxes etc. My wife told her the reason. She put her on hold for a few minutes. When she returned Amazon had reshipped every item we had ordered in the last 90 days and never charged us a penny.
We never asked Amazon for anything. We never asked Nightforce or Vortex either. For the hundredth time this is not a thread to bash any brand or promote another. Just a simple post showing members the situation they may find themselves in. It's not on anyone or any company to cover any of my losses. That's what my insurance is for. Amazon is a bit larger company than nightforce and they chose to lend a hand where they could. They didn't have to and I wouldn't have been mad or the least bit upset. Dang sure made me feel better about buying from Amazon. As it should others.
I'm not gonna reply to any more nonsense. I'm here trying to help and offer info to those that may want or need it. I lost every item I own. All my mounts, rifles, scopes, pistols, clothes, collectibles and the lost goes on. You never really know what that feels like till it's you. And a $350k coverage for contents of your house doesn't go very far. Make sure you have a firearms rider and insure to cover every item you can. When you start talking about guns to insurance companies the brakes start going on reeeealll fast.
Yep, still thinkN they might do something good in your direction, when you're ready for the new NFscopes. Hang in there, guys. Do know a guy had the same loss, got the big check, still moving forward!

Last edited: