Nightforce Customer Service

I have firearms policy through my homeowners with USAA. I can't promise the below is accurate but I think it is...

My firearms would be covered by my homeowner's policy without an additional firearms policy, but with some limitations. They have a normal homeowner's deductible and they are not covered for issues outside of the home (since they are attached to the homeowner's policy).

With the extra policy, they are covered if they get lost, stolen, damaged, etc regardless of location (in our out of the house). And no normal deductible (which isn't a big deal honestly). I have this bc I fly with my rifles usually once or twice per year. I have about $40k worth of guns covered and it costs $800/yr.

Your guns may be covered on your homeowner's policy, so you should check first.

I have 6 Nightforce NX8 and 1 NXS that were on rifles inside gun safes in a total loss house fire. I asked if there was anything they could do to restore or refurb them. This is the reply I got. Not sure how I feel about it.

Hello Ryan,
Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics Customer Service.
I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy, I hope everyone involved is ok. Unfortunately heat like that usually destroys the internals of the optics and there is typically no repair for these scopes. Our warranty does not cover damage like this, so sadly there is little we can do to restore your optics.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Respectfully

Technical Support, Customer Service #6
Nightforce Optics
336 Hazen Lane, Orofino, Idaho 83544
(208) 476-9814 EXT. 3
(208) 476-9817

Vortex responded with this….

Hello Mr. Wilson,
Send all optics you have that are damaged to us. Compile a list (for correct weights) and we will send you a prepaid shipping label. Repair, replacement and upgrades if needed are on us. We are very sorry to hear about your fire. Please send us the sizes of your family and we will ship out some shirts for you. Let us know…thanks.
NF response was appropriate. They have no responsibility, accountability for the loss. Vortex response is GREAT BUSINESS!!! I have a **** load of NF optics, and I may actually like NF better...slightly. Then, there's that BUT.... but, that No Fault Warranty keeps bringing my dollars to Vortex. It's like an "Act of God" or "Act of Stupid" free insurance policy. Everyone wants to be indemnified from God's whims or our own stupidity. Vortex satisfies the need.

NF response was appropriate. They have no responsibility, accountability for the loss. Vortex response is GREAT BUSINESS!!! I have a **** load of NF optics, and I may actually like NF better...slightly. Then, there's that BUT.... but, that No Fault Warranty keeps bringing my dollars to Vortex. It's like an "Act of God" or "Act of Stupid" free insurance policy. Everyone wants to be indemnified from God's whims or our own stupidity. Vortex satisfies the need.
Night force are still made in USA aren't they? Vortex, good outfit in WI but, mostly made in China? Rather keep the work stateside if possible. Night force pretty solid outfit.

Yep, got some a those too but, Japan glass pretty good stuff usually. China not so much. Just try not to buy anything from china since forever. Not gonna disown Nightforce over a house fire tho.

It is 5/8" drywall gives 1 hr of protection per 5/8"? Multiple layers gives more protection
In an hour your whole house is typically toast. If the room your safe is in catches on fire you are probably gonna lose it all. If an adjacent room is on fire then you might have a chance.

Not sure which insurance company you are looking at - but I am submitting a quote for specifically firearms insurance, ammo, reloading supplies, etc and it is $.35 per $100 of coverage. So, in your example, $100k of coverage would be $350. If you are adding riders to your homeowners policy, that's when it can get expensive.
Correct my agent said there were better ways.

In an hour your whole house is typically toast. If the room your safe is in catches on fire you are probably gonna lose it all. If an adjacent room is on fire then you might have a chance.
I have built fireproof storage in buildings. Others than having 18" block knee wall we framed the walls with metal studs but skinned them with multiple layers of drywall. To give them fire protection. I don't remember with each layer of drywall what the length of protection was. That is what I was inquiring about

I have built fireproof storage in buildings. Others than having 18" block knee wall we framed the walls with metal studs but skinned them with multiple layers of drywall. To give them fire protection. I don't remember with each layer of drywall what the length of protection was. That is what I was inquiring about
Some of the BackerBoard used by tile setters is also very good at this and also add some water protection as they don't absorb water.

Im a fireman, just tryin to give some perspective. Drywall isnt going to do much for a safe unless you completely enclose it.

Having it shut behind a solid core door in a closet would be your best bet. But even then, everything has its limits.

Yep, got some a those too but, Japan glass pretty good stuff usually. China not so much. Just try not to buy anything from china since forever. Not gonna disown Nightforce over a house fire tho.
Viper up in their scopes is not Chinese. Viper is Philippines, razor is Japan, amg is in Wisconsin.

Binos are China until uhd Razor is Japan