Nightforce Customer Service

How is it on NF to fix your scopes ? Thats what insurance is for . I sorry about the fire , but thats really reaching trying to get NF to fix them , IMO .
No one's saying they need to fix the scopes. We would like to see a company at least act like they care a bit more and maybe offer to help out. Definitely not the way I would want to be treated or the way i treat my customers.

So when we hit deer with our vehicles we should expect the vehicle manufactures to pay for the repairs? Oh, I get it now. People are ridiculous.

No one's saying they need to fix the scopes. We would like to see a company at least act like they care a bit more and maybe offer to help out. Definitely not the way I would want to be treated or the way i treat my customers.
I disagree , it is not NF's problem , their product did not fail . The problem with a company "acting" like they care is then everyone will have a sob story and expect to get something from it .
Sucks for the OP , but it's his problem . Free Tshirts and hats are not really going to help .

So when we hit deer with our vehicles we should expect the vehicle manufactures to pay for the repairs? Oh, I get it now. People are ridiculous.
Nobody is saying what you are implying at all. One would think that a customer who has purchased ~$15,000 of a companies product would get a little support after such a loss. Perhaps a discount on future purchases or similar offering to a good customer.

Hello Ryan,
Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics Customer Service.
I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy, I hope everyone involved is ok. Unfortunately heat like that usually destroys the internals of the optics and there is typically no repair for these scopes. Our warranty does not cover damage like this, so sadly there is little we can do to restore your optics.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.
This forum is driving me nuts. It was a terrible tragedy that happened to Ryan. One we all worry about and fear for out families and our favorite past time. There is hardly a day I don't worry about a fire or something out of my control. I am sorry for your loss but feel this was just a bashing thread on Nightforce. The above reply I reposted showed sincerity and a true and honest answer. Who knows if this was even the end of their answer. You chose to be unhappy with that answer. Would you have posted your distaste to Nightforces answer if you wouldn't have gotten the other from Vortex? Did you check with liberty on their safes not holding up? You get what you pay for with optics and when you buy one of these you get a proven bullet proof no frills Product that rarley if ever requires warranty. The other mass produces a Super cheap disposable product that they can market on warranty alone. Both of these companies had exactly the response I would expect. I know which one I will still be using. I am Sorry for your loss And hope you can recover from it.

The responses are both what I would expect from each company. the Vortex service and warranty is their cornerstone. NF did miss a great opportunity to both display a little humanity and reward a loyal customer. The least they could have done is looked at the scopes, they were in a safe. Maybe destroyed, maybe not completely. That would have also verified that yes, this is a great customer that has spent alot of money with us. He also probably associates with other high end shooters. With all the samples, promos, etc. they could easily comp a scope or two from a program or refurb. That would help a great customer get a fraction back. It would also make pub like this a selling point versus a black mark, even though they did nothing wrong. I suppose they don't want to set a precedent, but they did miss a chance to do something good for a great customer and probably the bottom line without a big outlay.
My thoughts exactly. Sometimes it's the thought that counts. "Let me have a manager call you". Then maybe offer a couple of replacements at cost. You feel good, they don't lose any money, everyone is "happy". Vortex takes a lot of crap for some of their lower end optics and equipment but I've had nothing be exceptional results when I've called. I put a big scratch in a turret cap and called to buy a replacement. They refused to let me pay and it showed up with 2 replacement caps and a t shirt.

Nobody is saying what you are implying at all. One would think that a customer who has purchased ~$15,000 of a companies product would get a little support after such a loss. Perhaps a discount on future purchases or similar offering to a good customer.
Yeah that's not the best analogy for sure. I understand both sides of the fence on this one and for sure nightforce isn't required or expected to replace them. We're also not required to purchase from them. I think the best thing we can all take away from this os to make wise purchases from companies that you can tolerate to support.

They aren't required to do anything. Nobody said they are. But I sent some money to the OP when I saw the thread about a go fund me. Just because you aren't required to do something doesn't mean you can't.

I have used Vortex warranty service before, they went above and beyond my expectations. Five stars from me.
I'm not a big fan of Vortex products, but I recently purchased a pair of vortex fury 5000 rangefinding binoculars with applied ballistics because of their warranty. I don't wanna be stuck a year or two down the road with expensive electronics that do not work.!

Why? Because some disagree with your opinion? Nobody said that they expected nightforce to pay for the repairs. Nightforce is going to continue to be nightforce and give shmuh service to their loyal customers regardless of if they're responsible for repair or not. They could have looked at the scopes and actually tried to see if there was anything to salvage out of them. Them assuming that they're a total loss is a big mistake on their part. They had a chance to come through with a win on this one but dropped the ball imo. But I'm not going to call anyone ridiculous for having a different view.