Nightforce Customer Service

Yes sir my family is ok but we lost everything but what we were wearing. Had several high end safes that didn't do to well at preserving the contents. I had a firearms Rider on the policy that increased it to $10k but I lost that in just NF plus some. I should've updated my policy years ago when I could start affording more/nicer rifles. I lost $35k in custom rifles alone.
I would say get all the insurance to cover yourself and keep it up to date with what you actually own. There are also supplemental policies available to cover firearms and even your taxidermy.
Could you give some details on the safes? Glad to hear your family is safe.

IMO NF knew there would be nothing they could do for them. The heat would have ruined the scopes and would have called for a total replacement. The cost to rebuild the scopes would probably be more than a new scope. And my best guess is the scope body would be warped and structurally compromised anyways. I guess they could have had the OP send in the scopes on his dime only to give them the same bad news. Sounds like a fire insurance claim more than a warranty claim.

It seems many are confused about the difference between a warranty and insurance.
Well, part of that is the difference in the two companies warranties.

Vortex has been clear that they will repair/replace anything you still have a piece of. It is part of their warranty.

Both companies are doing exactly what they advertise.

First of all he did not ask them to replace or repair for free!

Also, the response here is no different than dealing with any other company when an issue, not saying this is an issue, arises.
The indoctrinated will run to defend the company. The independent will have a different opinion.

Will Swaro have the same response as NF? Probably yes. Would I be happy? NOPE! I expect more, but that is just me

Last edited:
First of all he did not ask them to replace or repair for free!

Also, the response hear is no different than dealing with any other company when an issue, not saying this is an issue, arises.
The indoctrinated will run to defend the company. The independent will have a different opinion.

Will Swaro have the same response as NF? Probably yes. Would I be happy? NOPE! I expect more, but that is just me
If your Chevy truck was destroyed in a garage fire , would you ask Chevrolet to rebuild it ? Or would you expect your insurance to replace it ?

Same thing in my opinion . Asking NF to do anything was just wrong . Asking any company to replace a scope under this scenario is just wrong , or to fix it .

Just my two cents . Sorry OP , that is a bad beat .

If your Chevy truck was destroyed in a garage fire , would you ask Chevrolet to rebuild it ? Or would you expect your insurance to replace it ?

Same thing in my opinion . Asking NF to do anything was just wrong . Asking any company to replace a scope under this scenario is just wrong , or to fix it .

If your Chevy truck was damaged in a fire, would you ask your dealer to see if they could repair it?

I have 6 Nightforce NX8 and 1 NXS that were on rifles inside gun safes in a total loss house fire. I asked if there was anything they could do to restore or refurb them. This is the reply I got. Not sure how I feel about it.

Hello Ryan,
Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics Customer Service.
I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy, I hope everyone involved is ok. Unfortunately heat like that usually destroys the internals of the optics and there is typically no repair for these scopes. Our warranty does not cover damage like this, so sadly there is little we can do to restore your optics.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Respectfully

Technical Support, Customer Service #6
Nightforce Optics
336 Hazen Lane, Orofino, Idaho 83544
(208) 476-9814 EXT. 3
(208) 476-9817

Vortex responded with this….

Hello Mr. Wilson,
Send all optics you have that are damaged to us. Compile a list (for correct weights) and we will send you a prepaid shipping label. Repair, replacement and upgrades if needed are on us. We are very sorry to hear about your fire. Please send us the sizes of your family and we will ship out some shirts for you. Let us know…thanks.
First, so sorry for your loss and I am glad everyone is ok.

I think the real moral of this story and the message that we should all take from it is that we need to keep up on our insurance policies and make sure they cover what we expect them to cover. While I think Nightforce could have worked with you - like provided discount on a future order or something, I agree with @FURMAN in that I will still continue to buy Nightforces for guns that I need to be reliable when I am 5 miles in the woods.

Good point , but I said destroyed and you said damaged , so apples to oranges .
Agree but neither of us has enough information to say which one is it.

@Trappernewt if I were you I would check with secondary scope repair shops. I remember another person in a different forum that had problems with a scope the manufacturer would not touch and another shop repaired. It might be worth a try

First of all let me say to the op that I'm sorry for your loss of not only your firearms and scopes but everything else also. Glad that no one was injured.
Second, I don't think the op was saying he expected anyone to give him anything or fix anything for free. He was just exploring avenues to get his items repaired. And back operating. He simply posted the responses he got from 2 different companies. Now unless you have gone through what this family has I don't think we know how or what they feel. I know I don't. And I'm sure that one company going above and beyond was a breath of fresh air. Be safe everyone and best wishes to all.

For the seven hundredth time…..I did not ask them to do anything for free. I didn't ask them for free scopes. I didn't ask them for anything other than if they could repair/refurb them. For god sake read the thread.
I lost a crap load. Close to $100k in pistols and rifles/scopes alone. I didn't reach out to Lane Precision, Snowy Mountain, Blue Mountain, Elk Meadow or and other rifle builder and ask them to do anything for the guns. I didn't ask Liberty for new safes.
I asked 2 companies the same question and posted the replies. Do I wish nightforce would have replied differently? Absolutely. Am I mad at them and throwing a fit over it? Nope.
I posted here for folks to make their own decision and remind people what's at stake if you don't have proper insurance. I wasn't bashing or complaining. I really wish people would read the thread instead of jumping to conclusions.

For the seven hundredth time…..I did not ask them to do anything for free. I didn't ask them for free scopes. I didn't ask them for anything other than if they could repair/refurb them. For god sake read the thread.
I lost a crap load. Close to $100k in pistols and rifles/scopes alone. I didn't reach out to Lane Precision, Snowy Mountain, Blue Mountain, Elk Meadow or and other rifle builder and ask them to do anything for the guns. I didn't ask Liberty for new safes.
I asked 2 companies the same question and posted the replies. Do I wish nightforce would have replied differently? Absolutely. Am I mad at them and throwing a fit over it? Nope.
I posted here for folks to make their own decision and remind people what's at stake if you don't have proper insurance. I wasn't bashing or complaining. I really wish people would read the thread instead of jumping to conclusions.
Sorry bud , if I was out of line . I was more replying to the other posts than to you , but again , sorry .