New to the 338 edge family, with lots of ???

I'm no Expert but if I can help you out let me know !
Shawn helped me out when I first got started !

Rum Man
Shawn is great, he helped me out a lot as well and didn't even build my rifle. I got my dies from him and he shared a lot of information with me when not many were shooting the edge or had even heard of it.

I appreciate everyone chiming in and offering up info. This reinforces the confidence I have with the choices I've made so far and helps with decisions I'll be making along the way. Thank you all so far !

I appreciate everyone chiming in and offering up info. This reinforces the confidence I have with the choices I've made so far and helps with decisions I'll be making along the way. Thank you all so far !
I think your choice in barrel length is good if your going to hunt with it . I had several times out in the Mountains hiking with one of my 30" barreled Edges and swore as soon as I got back to the truck I was going to cut the barrel down with a hack saw !! Lol
Glad I never did !
I'm seriously looking at a 22 or 24 " Edge build now ! I could gain velocity with the new powders available now and Man it would be super Handy in the timber!

Rum Man

I think your choice in barrel length is good if your going to hunt with it . I had several times out in the Mountains hiking with one of my 30" barreled Edges and swore as soon as I got back to the truck I was going to cut the barrel down with a hack saw !! Lol
Glad I never did !
I'm seriously looking at a 22 or 24 " Edge build now ! I could gain velocity with the new powders available now and Man it would be super Handy in the timber!

Rum Man
That would be an absolute hammer in the timber lol could be really fun !

Well I'm Glad the 338 Edge is still alive !
Lots of new builds coming up I see !
Screenshot_20190725-214753_Gallery.jpg

Rum Man

Following this thread.

Rum Man: what new powders are you suggesting that might yield more velocity with a 22 or 24" barrel? Thanks!

I never had anything but H-1000 when I played with the Edge .
Now I have re-26 , re-33 , nv570 sorry if it sounded brand new powders .
I have already proved a 170 plus gain with Re-33. Not a big deal with game but sure would help in the ELR Game .

Rum Man

I never had anything but H-1000 when I played with the Edge .
Now I have re-26 , re-33 , nv570 sorry if it sounded brand new powders .
I have already proved a 170 plus gain with Re-33. Not a big deal with game but sure would help in the ELR Game .

Rum Man
N568 might be something to try as well. I haven't tried it in the edge yet but in a 28 nosler it looks pretty good and I have heard rumors of good results in 300NMI

Yes it is Bertram junk . I set them up for a picture years ago . I'm Suprized I still had it !

Rum Man

20240109_141704.jpg

Picked up 100 of these yesterday, too bad they have to wait around another 6 months before use.