Cornhuskers puttin' the new 338 edges to the test

goatsniper

Cornhuskers puttin\' the new 338 edges to the test

Kerry and I are going to go shoot our edges for the first time tomorrow. Went out tonight and set up some steel at just over 1000. We'll post some pics and let you know how they shot.

P.S. Shawn, the rifles look great!! Probably won't get any sleep tonight dreaming about shooting them tomorrow!!

Re: Cornhuskers puttin\' the new 338 edges to the test

Well, the rifles lived up to the hype. Started off with a piece of 6x6 steel at 670 yards. The exbal program was off just a little bit with all the data we entered into it so had to use the trajectory correction function once we started hitting the steel. After the new data was entered in, we had first round hits on a piece of 16x16 steel at 1030 and 1383. Also a first round hit on a milk jug at 963. We had a slight 5-8 mph wind from 5-7 o'clock but it wasn't effecting the round a whole lot. Before we started shooting, the highest muzzle velocity we recorded was 2812. That was with 93 grs of H1000. Don't know if that was quite right though, we were having some trouble with the sun beaming down on the cronograph. Anyway, they definitely lived up to our expectations and can't wait to get back out there this weekend and do some more shooting. We have 6 antelope tags for WY this year. Going to try and long range all of them!! So we need all the range time we can get in right now.

Glad you guys liked them, 93 grains was a good guess. The 2812 reading was probably close. You may be able to get closer to 2900 out of them but if they are shooting at 2812 I would just spend more time shooting if it were me. Let us know how practice goes and good luck on the goats.

Cool, thanks for the report. I can't wait to get out and shoot mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.