New to the 338 edge family, with lots of ???

I have been reloading for a 338 edge for several years. Use 90 gr H1000, 300 gr Sierra MK. I get single digit SD on chronograph. Hard to beat that. I want to try the Retumbo and some Berger bullets but haven't had the chance.
That is what I am using only substitute a 300 Berger. Velocity is 2900 fps (actually 2898 is avg).

I just joined the fray also. I have a fair bit of experience with hunting loads for the 338 RUM, so kind of started off their with the edge. Its a customers rifle. 30" barrel in a chasis. I've only ladder tested looking for velocity range. I started with h1000 and retumbo under 300 berger hybrid target. Retumbo looked better initially. Last session I ran up to 97 grains and had 2970fps. Seating out to 3.940 which is .025 off the lands. Next session will shoot for groups and ES. Encouraging enough, in the last ladder, the final 4 shots had 1 grain differences each, and formed one ragged hole.
I'll report back as I go.
Great to hear some tidbits popping up on guys trying retumbo, looks like you found an excellent spot to fine tune. My barrel and brake showed up today and my smith was going to start on it tomorrow… won't be long now.

Just getting into the 338 world and have been seriously looking at a 338 Edge +P with a 20" suppressed. Got a LPR 338 Reaper in works to run Berger 300 and 26" tube. Been looking at the Edge +P vs NMI to run either 285 hammers or 260s. What would the oal be for a Edge and 285 hammers? The 285 hammers are so freaking long seems like they were made for NMI.

I shot for some initial groups the other day with the Retumbo/ 300 Berger combo. Groups were pretty good, not spectacular, but pretty good. ES was a tad higher than I was wanting. I'll try some different charges and also try H1000 as recommended by others. Seems like the general consensus is H1000 is producing less velocity, but better ES

I shot for some initial groups the other day with the Retumbo/ 300 Berger combo. Groups were pretty good, not spectacular, but pretty good. ES was a tad higher than I was wanting. I'll try some different charges and also try H1000 as recommended by others. Seems like the general consensus is H1000 is producing less velocity, but better ES
If you shot yesterday...your a very tough Man !
I think my trigger finger would still be froze !
Not sure what your Coal is but I bet if you try 20 thou off the lands and 90.4 gr .of H-1000 your going to be Close !
Single digit sd and es and should be 2850 ft.per.sec range !
In a 30" barrel!

Rum Man

If you shot yesterday...your a very tough Man !
I think my trigger finger would still be froze !
Not sure what your Coal is but I bet if you try 20 thou off the lands and 90.4 gr .of H-1000 your going to be Close !
Single digit sd and es and should be 2850 ft.per.sec range !
In a 30" barrel!

Rum Man
that was not a very fun range session. 8 rifles, 9*F, high winds and snowing pretty hard at times to where I couldn't see the target at 100 yards. Was bundled up pretty well, but after 3 hours in the cold, I was getting cold. Trigger finger maintenance was tricky. Actually shoveled some walkways to warm up.

that was not a very fun range session. 8 rifles, 9*F, high winds and snowing pretty hard at times to where I couldn't see the target at 100 yards. Was bundled up pretty well, but after 3 hours in the cold, I was getting cold. Trigger finger maintenance was tricky. Actually shoveled some walkways to warm up.
On the plus side the barrels stay cool 🥶

More updates on the Edge. Still working with the 300 gr Berger. Initially was trying Retumbo. Velocity was quite good, in the mid 2900s, but ES was a tad high for my liking. I switched to H1000 this time around and ES was lower, and so was velocity by about 120 fps, hovering around 2800. Couple initial groups looked good with decent velocity, low es and decent group. Next trip I will see if that holds or was a lucky day.