New to the 338 edge family, with lots of ???

Kozump

Well I kicked it around long enough and I'm finally having a std. 338 edge built. Just curious on reloading insight from experienced edge guys out there. Here are the list of details going into the build.
Trued Rem 700 action
28" proof 1:9.4
Terminator T3 brake
Std. Rem sendero stock… (Bell and Carlson I believe)
Trigger tech trigger
4" Wyatt's
ADG Brass
I'm looking at shooting Hornady 285 eldm or the 300's from Berger or Sierra.
Just interested in what you guys are shooting, how you got to that point and what I should expect to see out of my combo. Also any recommendations on reloading dies. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Just started the same journey myself, with a twist. Mine is completely unjustifiable, just wanted to do it.

BAT Model M single feed (right bolt, left port)
Accuracy Solutions F.A.S.T. chassis
Valdada Anvil Bipod
Haven't decided on a trigger yet
Barrel will be a 36" 1.25 straight taper (Kreiger) chambered (+P throated for 300gr Berger) by Mr Carlock with his slab brake
Valdada RAM 200 Rocker adjustable base topped with my 5x25 ATACR

Idea is for it to come in around 25-30#s. I want it to shoot like my 260😎. Will get lots of use from all my family, so wanted it to be fun to shoot, not punishing. We've already accomplished 1 mile with 6.5x280AI and a 223AI, so I think we can tackle 2 miles with this setup?

Just waiting on the barrel to come in, but that's another 6 or 7 months away. I'll share what I get, but doubt it will help you much?🤣

H1000 is the intended powder, with the hopes of 3050-3100fps without leaning on it? Have US869, N570, RL-33 if I want to push it, but don't really want too.

I have 2 different 338 EDGE rifles. both built on Rem700 actions and both with 4" Wyatt mag boxes. the main differences between the two are the barrels. one has a 30" 1:9 Christensen Arms and the other has a 26" 1:9.4 Proof. Both are extraordinarily accurate and have taken many elk and deer. my go-to bullet for long range killing is the 300 grain Sierra Match King. Not because it has the best BC or terminal ballistics, but because it is almost always available to purchase somewhere. This is not the case with many of the other good options: IE Berger. I've killed things with Bergers, SMK, Cutting EDGE MTH, ELDM, etc... and I still go back to the SMKs. H1000 is the easiest powder to load with, but I get a lot more velocity using US869 or VV N570, especially out of the 30" BBL. US869 isn't the most temp stable, but I've gotten the highest velocities that I have seen using it, so it can be fun in specific scenarios.

This year, the 30" EDGE killed 3 elk. one was my own and the others were the elk of friends that didn't have the capabilities to make the shot with the setup they had. All hit the ground the moment the bullet made contact. 338 is definitely the way to go for these tough creatures!

I have 2 different 338 EDGE rifles. both built on Rem700 actions and both with 4" Wyatt mag boxes. the main differences between the two are the barrels. one has a 30" 1:9 Christensen Arms and the other has a 26" 1:9.4 Proof. Both are extraordinarily accurate and have taken many elk and deer. my go-to bullet for long range killing is the 300 grain Sierra Match King. Not because it has the best BC or terminal ballistics, but because it is almost always available to purchase somewhere. This is not the case with many of the other good options: IE Berger. I've killed things with Bergers, SMK, Cutting EDGE MTH, ELDM, etc... and I still go back to the SMKs. H1000 is the easiest powder to load with, but I get a lot more velocity using US869 or VV N570, especially out of the 30" BBL. US869 isn't the most temp stable, but I've gotten the highest velocities that I have seen using it, so it can be fun in specific scenarios.

This year, the 30" EDGE killed 3 elk. one was my own and the others were the elk of friends that didn't have the capabilities to make the shot with the setup they had. All hit the ground the moment the bullet made contact. 338 is definitely the way to go for these tough creatures!

I think the biggest thing this one will shoot at will be big boar? These Central Texas Whitetail don't stand a chance 🤣

Just started the same journey myself, with a twist. Mine is completely unjustifiable, just wanted to do it.

BAT Model M single feed (right bolt, left port)
Accuracy Solutions F.A.S.T. chassis
Valdada Anvil Bipod
Haven't decided on a trigger yet
Barrel will be a 36" 1.25 straight taper (Kreiger) chambered (+P throated for 300gr Berger) by Mr Carlock with his slab brake
Valdada RAM 200 Rocker adjustable base topped with my 5x25 ATACR

Idea is for it to come in around 25-30#s. I want it to shoot like my 260😎. Will get lots of use from all my family, so wanted it to be fun to shoot, not punishing. We've already accomplished 1 mile with 6.5x280AI and a 223AI, so I think we can tackle 2 miles with this setup?

Just waiting on the barrel to come in, but that's another 6 or 7 months away. I'll share what I get, but doubt it will help you much?🤣

H1000 is the intended powder, with the hopes of 3050-3100fps without leaning on it? Have US869, N570, RL-33 if I want to push it, but don't really want too.
Awesome build ! Can't wait to hear from when it's up and barking.

Here's my parts list so far.
Remington 700 tried action bolt fluted.
30" heavy fluted Muller works barrel 8" twist.
McMillan A5 with adjustable cheak piece.
Probably going to top it off with another M5 with a pr2 to match my 338am.
Going to shoot 250-275gr bullets with H1000. Everything is at the Smith now, just whating on barrel and then it will have to be fluted. So it's going to Probably be a summer project.

Fun to read all this, I'm getting excited! Have you or anybody you know tried Retumbo ? Just curious… I run it in my 300 rum and it's sweet. Would be awfully convenient just to stock the same powder…

Here's my parts list so far.
Remington 700 tried action bolt fluted.
30" heavy fluted Muller works barrel 8" twist.
McMillan A5 with adjustable cheak piece.
Probably going to top it off with another M5 with a pr2 to match my 338am.
Going to shoot 250-275gr bullets with H1000. Everything is at the Smith now, just whating on barrel and then it will have to be fluted. So it's going to Probably be a summer project.
That's going to be a fun gun to get behind !

2B12CD59-D8AA-442F-8940-C65CCE8BFCCF.jpeg

265 gr CEB Lazers , N570 , 215 primer, proof barrel

Very nice, that's an impressive group, what kind of speed are you hitting also coal ?
Not to fast. 3030. SD of 1 leaving it alone. If it wants to shoot like that I will leave it alone. CEB suggested to me to shoot the 265's. We shot the 275 Lazers and they shot well. 265's were better. Overall length is 4.210