New Nosler Bullet line up--

Does this bullet have a longer nose profile than the 250 Accubond? To achieve that BC I'd think it must. Assuming the BC is close.

Could you post a picture? Thanks!

Halleluja!!!

Its about time we get to see a big heavy 338 bullet with a decent BC that also has the construction to make me feel better about the occasional big bone impacts. I would gladly sacrifice some BC for the construction. Of course with a 338 300 grain pill, there is plenty of BC regardless....

I guess out hounding for a heavy 338 cal Accubund has been heard!!! These will be alot of fun and should be about ideal for the big 338 magnums. I have a few that will really like these.

Will be curious to see how these perform out of my 338 Allen Magnum when loaded to around 3400 fps. Very interested to see the bullet profile of this new bullet, to get +.7 in BC they must have redesigned the ogive.

Maybe we need to start hounding them for a 350 gr 375 caliber Accubond. If it would have a similiar .7 BC, it would be a HUGE bonus for the long range 375 crowd and much better terminally compared to the 350 gr SMK.

Kirby,

Nosler does listen to their forum members. I have been pushing for a few years for the 250 gr AB and the 300 gr AB or BT and am really happy that they are going to offer the AB.

Sign up at Nosler and ping them with what the long range guys want. They do read their forum and take notes.

JD338

I am signed up on the Nosler Forum, just do not have much time to get on and check things out. Will have to make a point to do it. We REALLY need to uncork the 375 long range potential and need a good long range bullet for big game hunting that will do it.

Barnes now has their 350 gr TSX bullet which is a very long bullet and easily stabilizes in a 1-10 twist. A 375 gr Accubond would EASILY stabilize in the same twist barrel and a 350 gr Accubond would likely stabilize in a 1-12 twist barrel pretty easily, that would be a HUGE boon for the 375 and we would start to realize its true long range big game hunting potential just as the 300 gr 338 bullet will do for us.

Will have to start spending more time over on the Nosler site. They really need to start upping their game, with Barnes pushing hard for the long range market, I would think Nosler would want a piece of that action and for ALL around use including long range hunting, the Accubond is a better design, especially at long range where impact velocity levels have dropped off.

Im pumped on these for my .338 RUM. It was always a matter of "do I shoot a heavy fragile bullet, or a lighter tough bullet?". now we .338 boys can have the best of both worlds!

The 350 grain SMK turned my 378 wby into a serious long range hunting rifle. I just signed up on the nosler forum. When I have time I will look through it. Good to see this high bc accubond.

I'm not believing the BC unless the ogive is longer than that on the 250 accubond. So far Nosler has never had a bullet that I've seen with an aggressive ogive.

Picture please compared to the 250. Thanks!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts