Nosler, what’s up???

Thanks for all the helpful feedback in this thread. The 30 cal Accubond and ABLR boolits I'm looking for have not been available in grade A for over a year. I was able to buy a couple hundred before they disappeared. I'm hopeful I'll be able to get more when I really need them. I guess, like everyone else, I'll start over in load development if I'm forced to switch boolits.
I have seen the 180AB's several times over the last several months. I bought some, then saw them in stock a month later, and now they are available again. You have to adapt to the current market conditions and look for them with intent and be persistent.

Huh, must be different here. Looked up Cabelas and navigated my way here to order some bullets:

Cabela's does not catalog order any reloading components. They place whatever they have in the stores only for their regular customers. You have to purchase the reloading components at the store. If you look online you will find, "OUT OF STOCK," since they won't sell online. I was to my local store yesterday and they had powder on the shelf, none that I normally use but that is popular. They did not have any primers but had just about any kind of bullet, predominantly Hornady with a few Nosler, Sierra and Speer of various calibers sitting on the shelf. All of these items were at Manufacturers suggested retail or less and on top of that there was no ridiculously high shipping charges on any of them.

Cabela's does not catalog order any reloading components. They place whatever they have in the stores only for their regular customers. You have to purchase the reloading components at the store. If you look online you will find, "OUT OF STOCK," since they won't sell online. I was to my local store yesterday and they had powder on the shelf, none that I normally use but that is popular. They did not have any primers but had just about any kind of bullet, predominantly Hornady with a few Nosler, Sierra and Speer of various calibers sitting on the shelf. All of these items were at Manufacturers suggested retail or less and on top of that there was no ridiculously high shipping charges on any of them.

I would beg to differ with you on this as I ordered H4350 and H1000 this morning and had it shipped to my home. I've always been able to order reloading components from Cabelas from their online catalog. Shipping was free with the exception of the $22 hazmat fee.

DB40133C-7136-45A5-A505-864C71C283BC.png

Interesting. I just went to Cabelas.com and did a search for reloading supplies, powder and primers. It came back with 0 search results???

Reloading Supplies

muzzleloader propellants
0 Search Results
Sort by: Relevance
No results
Number of Results:

No results

Interesting. I just went to Cabelas.com and did a search for reloading supplies, powder and primers. It came back with 0 search results???

Reloading Supplies

muzzleloader propellants
0 Search Results
Sort by: Relevance
No results
Number of Results:

No results

I clicked on the link you provided for "muzzle loading components" and 8 items are available for purchase on the page it opened to, including "Blackhorn 209". I'm not sure how you're searching or where you got your original information from. I've been buying reloading components from Cabelas online since you could buy things on the Internet from them. Anyways…. No biggie.

WOW! Free shipping but a hundred bucks a pound seems awfully steep! I think I paid around 50-60 last month locally but if you need it and can't find local you gotta pay.
Lots of powder here. Primers always small rifle and large pistol . Bullets decent supply. I don't need primers or powder. I have plenty of bullets and lots of brass. I'll still grab something at a good price. I was at Scheels and Cabela's in Billings Mt. yesterday. Tons of ammo. Decent powder . Same gig on primers . All I bought were some rings , mount , level and another bipod. 😉

I'm new to reloading. And wondering what's the diff between H4831 & 4831SC ? Any suggestions for a 25-06 ?
SC stands for short cut. Gives you more condensed case fill. Check the burn rate chart for speed as they're the same. Some cases work better with more condensed fill. Ie short mag, SAUM, PRC sometimes work better with a SC type powder. I use H4831SC in my 65PRC. If you don't have a good reloading manual get the new 11th edition Hornady manual and read the entire forward section. It's very detailed with tons of good info. When i was learning I read 3-5 pages a night slowly to try and take it all in. I still reread it 20 plus years later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited: