NEW ACTION- Pierce Engineering Skele-Ti

For timber elk, farthest shot I have ever taken for that kind of hunting is around 300 yards.....honestly I was thinking either a .260 ai or a 7mm-08 (have dies for both) using most likely 100-130 grain hammer bullets, and it would be an ultralight light contour 16-18" steel barrel, with a Manners ultralight stock with a shortened LOP, and light, sub 1 lb for scope and rings Leupold 3.5-10 scope. It would be meant as a rifle that is fast handling in the timber, probably wouldn't shoot itty-bitty groups, but 1" or less would be plenty acceptable for a sub 300 yards. My build sheet with weights of the different items comes out to about 5.4 lbs all up without ammo.

Sorry, off topic........
Like it!! We hunt through timber so you'll go from spitting distance to 800+ yards, I've been thinking the Pierce Ti, Manner UL, Hawkins bottom metal and mag, in 338 Sherman Short, Hammers in the timber and slide in some 250 Bergers to reach out, still let's you go 800+ and hammer them hard.
One of the most accurate light rifles I've built was on an all Ti Pierce, shot stupid small at 1000!

Last edited:
Another exciting thing is these actions along with all of our other standard actions will be made with integral recoil lugs in the near future! The price on the integral Skele-Ti actions will be $1550. I'll post some photos below. I hope you guys like it! Thank you. View attachment 338085View attachment 338086View attachment 338087View attachment 338088View attachment 338089

Do you plan to make it in titanium? That would be what I would be interested in.
At the end of his initial post

Like it!! We hunt through timber so you'll go from spitting distance to 800+ yards, I've been thinking the Pierce Ti, Manner UL, Hawkins bottom metal and mag, in 338 Sherman Short, Hammers in the timber and slide in some 250 Bergers to reach out, still let's you go 800+ and hammer them hard.
One of the most accurate light rifles I've built was on an all Ti Pierce, shot stupid small at 1000!
I like your thoughts here. I settled on a .30 Sherman for mine. Now I want to build an even lighter one with short distance in mind but I keep getting the feeling that I will leave it home thinking about missing a shot at long range and still grab my .30.
I think for the most part if I could get 600 yards I'd be ok.
Looking at a sherman version of a .375 or I'm liking the new bishop .375 if they sell reamers.
And of course a pierce time short action.

I am guessing he doesn't have a titanium version finished to weigh.

And, seeing how the original is 17 1/2oz with pinned recoil lug and they plan on converting everything to integral lugs, the weight will be slightly less than the 2 piece version, the weight of the pins at the minimum.

I like your thoughts here. I settled on a .30 Sherman for mine. Now I want to build an even lighter one with short distance in mind but I keep getting the feeling that I will leave it home thinking about missing a shot at long range and still grab my .30.
I think for the most part if I could get 600 yards I'd be ok.
Looking at a sherman version of a .375 or I'm liking the new bishop .375 if they sell reamers.
And of course a pierce time short action.
I have most of the parts for my 30 SM but it's set up for 1000+ elk. I goaded Rich into doing the 338 SS and then didn't build myself one so I owe him one and it really should be an ideal, a lot of sheep hunters are building them as dual purpose bear defence UL sheep gun