NEW ACTION- Pierce Engineering Skele-Ti

What cartridge do you think you would go with?

6.5 creedmore of course. Elk easily at a mile.
About time Cody got got a big rifle

For timber elk, farthest shot I have ever taken for that kind of hunting is around 300 yards.....honestly I was thinking either a .260 ai or a 7mm-08 (have dies for both) using most likely 100-130 grain hammer bullets, and it would be an ultralight light contour 16-18" steel barrel, with a Manners ultralight stock with a shortened LOP, and light, sub 1 lb for scope and rings Leupold 3.5-10 scope. It would be meant as a rifle that is fast handling in the timber, probably wouldn't shoot itty-bitty groups, but 1" or less would be plenty acceptable for a sub 300 yards. My build sheet with weights of the different items comes out to about 5.4 lbs all up without ammo.

Sorry, off topic........

I'll try and get a pic of an integral lug version soon. To be honest, we have been very busy and we had been trying to keep up with making all of the parts. I'd like to get a picture of one that's been nitrided or coated because that's how the majority of them will be sent out or ordered.

For timber elk, farthest shot I have ever taken for that kind of hunting is around 300 yards.....honestly I was thinking either a .260 ai or a 7mm-08 (have dies for both) using most likely 100-130 grain hammer bullets, and it would be an ultralight light contour 16-18" steel barrel, with a Manners ultralight stock with a shortened LOP, and light, sub 1 lb for scope and rings Leupold 3.5-10 scope. It would be meant as a rifle that is fast handling in the timber, probably wouldn't shoot itty-bitty groups, but 1" or less would be plenty acceptable for a sub 300 yards. My build sheet with weights of the different items comes out to about 5.4 lbs all up without ammo.

Sorry, off topic........
I'm thinking of doing one also for that distance to see how light I can go. 16" short action .338 or 375.
Thinking .375 bishop type round. Thin barrel heavy flute. Might lick a bit but a can or nice break will help. Thought about a short fat .358 to be different pushing the hammer 178gr

Here's a quick look at our integral lugs.
0A66893F-5700-4ACB-A509-0F2D95277A48.jpeg
6A5F7CE0-1C5A-4E0E-9820-F7D99FCDFBE9.jpeg