JP Enterprises recoil eliminator

JackRabbitSquare

I just got my sendero 338 RUM back from JP Enterprises after having them install their recoil eliminator. Wow what a pleasure to shoot. The break looks like it came from the factory, it matches the finish on my stainless great. It is kinda funny looking (like a little tank barrel) but whatever. I haven't had time to shoot the 300gr SMK out of it yet but the 200gr ballistic tips were very nice to shoot. It had far less kick then my '06.

The break isn't as loud as I feared. It is a little hard to judge (I always wear ear plugs) but it doesn't seem much louder then it was. It does have a large amount of sideways muzzle blast and I can feel it on the left edge of my body. I would guess a spotter would need to be behind the shooter and almost inline to escape the blast.

All in all I am very happy how it turned out. If the 300's are even twice as hard kicking as the 200's it will still be very comfortable to shoot.

Same thing with my 700 VLS Varmint . I measure it at .810 and the closest brake I could find on their site was .850. I could live with that, but $250 for cost of threading, installing and price of brake I'd really like for it to look better than what it would.

Beez

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.