7mag recoil

Kentucky

Getting to that stage of life where I do t enjoy getting my teeth rattled every shot. While I enjoy shooting my 7mag I do wish that I could make it not hate me the way it does. When watching " sniper " shots I have noticed that their rifles kick straight back with little jump and appears not to "kick " like my rifle. Is it Hoolywood, or am I missing something.

Getting to that stage of life where I do t enjoy getting my teeth rattled every shot. While I enjoy shooting my 7mag I do wish that I could make it not hate me the way it does. When watching " sniper " shots I have noticed that their rifles kick straight back with little jump and appears not to "kick " like my rifle. Is it Hoolywood, or am I missing something.

Hollywood uses reduced loads and they are blanks for safety. so you are nor missing anything.

All rifles recoil, but some less than others and some more than others.

You don't normally see Muzzle brakes on Hollywood guns, just silencers/suppressors and they normally work much better for them than in real life.

A proper brake, installed correctly can take the sting out of your 7 mag and should be a consideration.

J E CUSTOM

Although all muzzle brakes work, some work better than others. I suggest the Assassin brake from J E Custom. IMO, best on the market.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 24
Its more expensive but if you ever got a chance to shoot a braked rifle and a suppressed rifle side by side there is no comparison. With a brake if you arent doubling up your ear pro then you are damaging your hearing. if you hunt with a brake with no ear pro then you are doing serious permanent damage with every shot. Your first hearing aid will cost more than your first suppressor.

in my old age I also am not enjoying recoil. So, I installed a mercury suppressor in the stock and a clamp on muzzle brake. My 7rm (savage 111) recoils lighter than a 243 heavyer than a 223

With a brake if you arent doubling up your ear pro then you are damaging your hearing. if you hunt with a brake with no ear pro then you are doing serious permanent damage with every shot. Your first hearing aid will cost more than your first suppressor.

I know this first hand. and it's not fun.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.