Bore Tech Eliminator

MontanaRifleman

I just though I would provide a report on this bore cleaning product. I was shooting with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I fired three different loads (two factory and one handload) through my 300 WSM to check it's accuracy after coming back from the factory. I cleaned the bore after each different load. 10 rounds of Winchester 180 PP, 5 Rounds of Fed 180 ABs and 5 rounds of handloaded 180 E-tips.

I borrowed some of my friends Bore Tech Eliminator and that stuff worked fast and great. I pushed through two wet patches which turned each patch blue instantly, scrubbed with a few strokes of a nylon brush and dry patched. Repeated the process a second time which left the barrel very clean. I am sold on this stuff for use at the range because it works so fast. Will still use Wipeout at home when I dont have time constraints.

FYI

-MR

Last edited:
Re: Bore Tech Elimator

I agree, :cool: Joe Starnes of "Long Shot Percision" and Mugnus turned me on to it. I have shelves full of others but none come close to Boretech Eliminator. Clean with your favorite then use two wet patches of boretech let it set 5 min and another wet one. That will show you what your other stuff in leaving behind. I start with Slip 2000 for carbon though. These two two gether makes the bore smooth as silk and free of carbon and copper. PLUS!! they won't damage the bore like strong amonia cleaners can.

Yup... no amonia.

One thing necessary to do after (so I have been told) is to coat the inside of your bore as the bore tech completly strips it. It's necessary to put a protective coat on to prevent oxidation.

My plan is to clean at the range with bore tech if necessary then follow up with a treatment of Wipeout at home. Wipeout leaves a protective residue on the bore.

http://www.boretech.com/products/eliminator.shtml

Re: Bore Tech Elimator Vs KG-1 KG-12

I was glad to see this thread. Bore Tech Eliminator is a product I have consistently read good things about. I have not used it, but over the past 3 weeks, I have cleaned my bores ~100 times using the KG bore cleaning products. I went through a 4 oz bottle of KG-1 and a 4 oz bottle of KG-12. As I wrote in another post, the KG products kick butt, in my opinion. KG-1 & KG-12 are the best carbon remover and copper removers I've ever used. As with Bore Tech Eliminator, the KG products contain no ammonia. You can leave the KG products in contact with the bore for extended periods without worrying about bore corrosion

The purpose of my post isn't to hi-jack this one and begin a KG products discussion. What I hope to learn is if either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has used both the KG products and Bore Tech Eliminator. If so, I'd really like to receive an opinion on a comparison of these two bore cleaning products.

I tried KG products because they were also getting very positive reviews on a number of Forums. I also use WipeOut. I've used Barnes CR-10 and a number of other products over the years also. WipeOut works very well for me when I don't need to clean and shoot quickly.

I just though I would provide a report on this bore cleaning product. I was shooting with a friend a couple of weeks ago and I fired three different loads (two factory and one handload) through my 300 WSM to check it's accuracy after coming back from the factory. I cleaned the bore after each different load. 10 rounds of Winchester 180 PP, 5 Rounds of Fed 180 ABs and 5 rounds of handloaded 180 E-tips.

I borrowed some of my friends Bore Tech Eliminator and that stuff worked fast and great. I pushed through two wet patches which turned each patch blue instantly, scrubbed with a few strokes of a nylon brush and dry patched. Repeated the process a second time which left the barrel very clean. I am sold on this stuff for use at the range because it works so fast. Will still use Wipeout at home when I dont have time constraints.

FYI

-MR

That works for me. If I clean at the range I use Bore Tech Eliminator... Awesome! If I clean at home I use wipe-out Accelerator following by
the regular wipe-out. Excellent products.

Re: Bore Tech Elimator Vs KG-1 KG-12

I was glad to see this thread. Bore Tech Eliminator is a product I have consistently read good things about. I have not used it, but over the past 3 weeks, I have cleaned my bores ~100 times using the KG bore cleaning products. I went through a 4 oz bottle of KG-1 and a 4 oz bottle of KG-12. As I wrote in another post, the KG products kick butt, in my opinion. KG-1 & KG-12 are the best carbon remover and copper removers I've ever used. As with Bore Tech Eliminator, the KG products contain no ammonia. You can leave the KG products in contact with the bore for extended periods without worrying about bore corrosion

The purpose of my post isn't to hi-jack this one and begin a KG products discussion. What I hope to learn is if either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has used both the KG products and Bore Tech Eliminator. If so, I'd really like to receive an opinion on a comparison of these two bore cleaning products.

I tried KG products because they were also getting very positive reviews on a number of Forums. I also use WipeOut. I've used Barnes CR-10 and a number of other products over the years also. WipeOut works very well for me when I don't need to clean and shoot quickly.

Paul,

I read your thread and that gave me the idea to post this thread for informational purposes. I haven't used the KG 1 or KG 12 yet but I have read some good stuff about them. So I wouldn't be able to compare the products. I might get some to try a comaprison unless someone has already done that.

All I know is that I was very impressed with the Bore Tech.

Last edited:

You guys left out Warthog again.

http://warthog1134.com/

I haven't tried Eliminator, but Warthog works very much the same as described above for Eliminator.

In 40+ years I've used 'em all.

I finally settled on WipeOut+Accelator untill I stumbled on Warthog. I now use Warthog for all cleaning, with a final coating of Slip 2000, then dry patch.

I will try Eliminator sometime as I can't resist trying every new gun cleaning product.

I've probably got enongh partially used gun cleaning solvents on my shelves to clean a 16" naval rifle. :D

Lewish, I've heard some good stuff about Warthog also. Does it have ammonia? One thing they say on their site is that it eats brass jags. I could use plastic jags, but Wipeout gets rid of copper fouling without eating brass jags. Dont know about the Eliminator on the brass jag thing yet but I can find out easy enough.

-MR

Eaglet, can you explain this to me... are there two Wipeout products?

MR, there is the WIPE-OUT foam that you know of, and there is also a Wipe-Out Accelerator which is a white liquid. They claim when you use it
together with the foam it makes it work twice as fast.

I push through a wet patch with the accelerator, then I foam it wait 1/2 hour and ready to go... Meaning I push dry patches until they come out clean. Usually at home I leave it over night and it always amazes me.
01-8530-l.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I do.

I have also read amazing things about Warhog but I have never used it. It's kind of hard to spend the money when you're happy with what you're using. I shall give it a try though.
Wipe-Out is right for the lazy man. It's very little I do to keep my barrels clean.

Wipe-Out is right for the lazy man.

10-4! Wipe-Out is perfect if you can leave the bore set several hours - or overnight. How long they need to sit with the Accelerator pre-treatment I don't know because I've never used the Accelerator product. But Wipe-Out alone will clean right down to the bore if you leave it in there overnight.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.