Bore Tech Eliminator

loosefur

I was in the market for a good bore cleaner, and after much research, ultimately landed on Bore Tech Eliminator. I also ordered a Teslong borescope at the same time. My cleaning process took about 30 minutes. I started with three wet patches, followed by 15 full-length brush strokes, then one dry patch. Repeat three times. The worst fouling on this gun was near the muzzle. Here's what I found.

Before:
AD37BCFF-C67D-436F-879D-1D69C7573435.jpeg

After:
9E5CF627-4B54-451E-B2FD-DFF39B1941FD.jpeg

I had a hard time deciding which bore cleaner to try because most advice is anecdotal. I thought I'd contribute these photos as one data point of Bore Tech's actual effectiveness.
🍻

That barrel looks like it was ready for some cleaning !! I also get the same results with the Bore Tech Solvent. I have used most everything else, but found the BTE worked best. It also won't run you out of the house with a horrible odor, and it is safe to leave in your barrel for a long time. In fact the instructions on the bottle tell you to leave a small amount in the bore for protection. You can't do that with any ammonia based solvent.

Also, great call on the Teslong bore scope. I have one, and it is the best $50 investment I have made in a long time. Everyone should have one.

Last edited:
That barrel looks like it was ready for some cleaning !! I also get the same results with the Bore Tech Solvent. I have used most everything else, but found the BTE worked best. It also won't run you out of the house with a horrible odor, and it is safe to leave in your barrel for a long time. In fact the instructions on the bottle tell you to leave a small amount in the bore for protection. You can't do that with any ammonia based solvent.

Also, great call on the Teslong bore scope. I have one, and it is the best $50 investment I have made in a long time. Everyone should have one.
Yeah, she was fouled for sure. I put about 80 rounds down the tube at the last range session. It's interesting that the fouling progressively gets worse from breech to muzzle.

Yeah, $50 well spent for sure. It takes the guesswork out of any bore questions. I picked this gun up used and was happy to see that the barrel appears to have lots of life left in it. And no carbon ring.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.