Bore Tech Proof Positive Bore Stix experience?

barnesuser28

Hey guys i had these recommended to me by a member (Korhil78) and i ordered some from Bore Tech and they should be here next tuesday. Does anyone else have experience with these rods? I have heard they are the cats meow. :) gun)

They are great! I have 3 of them, .284, .308, and .338. They are very stout rods and you never have to deal with blue patches due to the brass on other rods.

Mike

I just put in an order with them ordered a .22 and .30 along with a proof positive brush and some eliminator, only thing i can say is there shipping takes longer than expected, shipping UPS ground and taking 7 days!

maybe im just excited to get the stuff! :D

I just put in an order with them ordered a .22 and .30 along with a proof positive brush and some eliminator, only thing i can say is there shipping takes longer than expected, shipping UPS ground and taking 7 days!

maybe im just excited to get the stuff! :D
I hear you on the shipping! They just sent my order out yesterday and are supposed to be here on tuesday. I am excited to give them a try. gun)

I got my rods yesterday and i must say i am impressed, very very smooth, stiff, and they feel nice and sturdy, i fiished cleaning my 338 Lapua, 6.5x284, and 284 win so now i am ready for the range this weekend!! gun) Very excited to finally be able to shoot the 284 win.

You didnt use some of his beloved Bore tech eliminator did you?? :D:D Haha, nice 5.56 BTW

I did and I had to put my foot in my mouth, because when I got there i was telling him I found something better (gunzilla) and you should have seen the grin on his face when that bright blue patch came out of the barrel.
Love ya dad! haha:rolleyes:

if I could only get the 5.56 to shoot better than four inches at 154yrds......

I did and I had to put my foot in my mouth, because when I got there i was telling him I found something better (gunzilla) and you should have seen the grin on his face when that bright blue patch came out of the barrel.
Love ya dad! haha:rolleyes:

if I could only get the 5.56 to shoot better than four inches at 154yrds......
Haha thats funny :D , what rods does he use? I am sure you will get that gun shooting, i read up on some of your long range shots on game and i am impressed. :)

We have tiptons but I recently picked up a gun slick that I like better than the Tipton (on the handle anyway) because the tiptons back button where you usually pust is directly attached to the rod so if you push there the jag does not follow the lands... High priced rods for such a rookie mistake. My new gun slick doesn't have this issue but by no means is it a high priced unit.

Thanks for checking out our shooting. Lots of practice and a great teacher/spotter made all those shots possible. I was actually preping brass for reloading with dad and got to thinking. The first three emptys in the case I knew were the last three of load development with the 230gr tactical hybrid otm Berger when it first came out and therest of the 38 had put something in a freezer. The gun has a pretty good record going....gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.