Bore Tech C4..... A+!!

barnesuser28

Hey guys i got my bore tech C4 carbon cleaner from midway yesterday and went to work with my 338 Lapua and 6.5x284, the 338 Lapua copper and carbon fouls like a pig but the 6.5x284 copper fouls very little but as most 6.5x284 shooters know they carbon foul pretty bad. With two sessions of the cleaning method they described on the bottle the 338 Lapua is clean as a whistle in the carbon fouling department, the 6.5x284 only took one session. I am working on the copper right now with CU+2. I now prefer to do the carbon with C4, and copper with CU+2 as i find it cleans both types of fouling faster than eliminator.

Here are the instructions on the bottle of C4:
Push 3-4 patches soaked in C4 down the bore to remove loose fouling. Then use a nylon brush saturated in C4 and brush the bore 10-15 times. Then push 3-4 more wet patches down the bore and let sit 5-10 minutes. Push dry patches down the bore until they come out clean.

I highly recommend the Bore Tech line of cleaning products, they are awesome and very effective.

Riley

Sooo right after i start this thread, i go down stairs to run a patch down the bore and i managed to snap the carbon fiber tipton rod....... I guess i am done cleaning until midway ships my new rods.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love their brushes. I was going to try one of their rods but i dont know how i feel about them being steel, i know they have a coating but the coating can pick up tiny particles and act like a fine grit sandpaper.

I have never used the v stix. I use the proof positive ones. I have a .17 cal, a 243-270 cal one and a 338 cal one. I don't have a .22 cal or a .30 cal rifle so I don't have those rods. They are expensive but they are super nice and tough. They won't give you a false copper reading either since they have a proof positive tip. I am sure that the v stix are very nice as well but I can't say for sure because I have never used them. I am pretty sure that I don't have as many rifles as you do so I don't have to buy as many different rods for the diff cals.

What I did was buy one of the nice proof positive cleaning rods when I bought some boretech solvent. Then when I ran out of solvent, I would order another rod for a different caliber when I ordered more solvent.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.