Is the 6.5 Creedmoor the best do it all cartridge ever

It is what it is, it aint more, but it does shoot, its affordable, its available, it has the right twist, it reloads very well, components readily avail, younger shooters can shoot it without flinching, and it was/ is being marketed correctly! Problems?
Right twist and marketed appropriately? It can't be a Remington... . HA!

... all the electronic crap and technology will kill this sport and hunting, as well. It's what technology does. It destroys the innocence of things that once required skill to achieve and be successful at...
And so it goes...
I'm sure the stick and stone guy said this to the spear guy, who in turn said it to the bow and arrow guy... and it goes on and on and on ;)
At the end of the day, we're all hunters. We all love the thrill, the comraderie, and the experience received in our own way.
Hunting is like the arts or humanities; there's no such thing as black and white just a massive gray area. What I find spiritually enriching someone else may scoff at. Perhaps even the very idea I could experience spiritual enrichment...?
That doesn't make either of us right, rather it just confirms this is a personal journey that each has to take hold of in their own way and eventually own.
I don't have to hold in high regard certain hunting traditions but I **** sure will not look down on someone who experiences their's different than I.

Last edited:
And so it goes...
I'm sure the stick and stone guy said this to the spear guy, who in turn said it to the bow and arrow guy... and it goes on and on and on ;)
At the end of the day, we're all hunters. We all love the thrill, the comraderie, and the experience received in our own way.
Hunting is like the arts or humanities; there's no such thing as black and white just a massive gray area. What I find spiritually enriching someone else may scoff at. Perhaps even the very idea I could experience spiritual enrichment...?
That doesn't make either of us right, rather it just confirms this is a personal journey that each has to take hold of in their own way and eventually own.
I don't have to hold in high regard certain hunting traditions but I **** sure will not look down on someone who experiences their's different than I.
Spiritual enlightenment comes from hearing that "Thwack" from a well placed shot.

I'm still fighting the urge to build a Creedmoor. I thought I was about to just do it. I picked up 124 6.5 Creedmoor pieces of Hornady brass last Saturday at the range. That after giving away 220 pieces of Creedmoor brass to a buddy who is buying one.

But I was saved tonight! Cut a deal on another board for a barrel, laupa brass and die set at a great price...caliber...6.5x284...so for a while will still resist drinking the 6.5 Creedmoor cool aid.

But! I'm going to keep the brass I picked up!:cool::p

I'm still fighting the urge to build a Creedmoor. I thought I was about to just do it. I picked up 124 6.5 Creedmoor pieces of Hornady brass last Saturday at the range. That after giving away 220 pieces of Creedmoor brass to a buddy who is buying one.

But I was saved tonight! Cut a deal on another board for a barrel, laupa brass and die set at a great price...caliber...6.5x284...so for a while will still resist drinking the 6.5 Creedmoor cool aid.

But! I'm going to keep the brass I picked up!:cool::p

I woulda and maybe shoulda done a 6.5x284 instead. Ended up with Lapua brass anyway, BUT it is not widely available in off the shelf sporters for under $900 that I know of.

And so it goes...
I own some of this high-tech crap myself. I never said it was wrong, I just said it will get so advanced that it will eventually require no skill...Point & click.

They thought social media was going to be a great "progressive" idea... Now people are so disillusioned and brainwashed that don't even know how to socially interact with each other in person anymore, and people only believe things they see on their, and if they didn't see it on there, they're skeptical about it's legitimacy. FakeBook is the mark of the beast. It's almost destroyed western society with propaganda and socially-engineered brainwashing weapons to keep the uninformed masses mentally encapsulated like a cat with a shiny new toy (they've even admitted this).

My point is, not everything is a blessing in disguise... Even the antichrist will fool the whole world into loving him before he reveals himself, and destroys the earth and everyone in it.

If Remington invented gold tomorrow they'd market it as "soft yellow metal unsuitable for most industrial applications".
There are times I seriously wonder if their marketing department is ran by Sloth from the Goonies and Corky from Life Goes On... :(

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts