Independently verified BCs for Whiskey 3 Precision Bullets

The below is copied and pasted from the Whiskey 3 Precision Systems website - a small portion of their disclaimer:
https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/disclaimer

**READ BEFORE ORDERING**

PLEASE READ THIS PAGE BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER

**WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE AND SALES TO WHOMEVER WE SO CHOSE!! **
In an industry that has become very cut throat and some companies that steal other companies ideas and make small changes to try and pass them off as their own Whiskey 3 Precision Systems LLC and its partners reserve the right to refuse service and sales to those in the industry we have deemed a conflict of interest with our company and if you do happen to order products we will just reverse the sale and cancel the order.

Whiskey 3 Precision Systems currently advertised BC values for their rebated boat tail .308 bullets, again copied/pasted from their web site:

W3PS Rebated Boat Tail -
Grain Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.)
155 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.5707
168 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.6184
175 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.6444
200 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.7364
210 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.7732
220 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.8101
230 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.8469

Berger's advertised BC values:
230 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical .308 230 0.719
300 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical .338 300 0.818

I noticed that W3PS extends their advertised G1 BC values out to the ten thousands (0.000_) place. Their method of BC determination must be exceptionally accurate.

Nothing new under the sun! I guess this means they won't be selling any to me:D

Yeah he refused to let litz test the bullets ( for free ) because he was their competition.

For those who dont remember, rich pretty much called every step of this ordeal from page 1

are these good for high velocity impacts on game or grenades ? I have some 175s shooting at 3250 fps they make a noticeably louder smack on a dirt bank than a 180 partition at 3300 fps I have been using a bc at .550 but not sure not an expert by any means but it seems like they might be shooting flatter than that I am going to try to see how much they drop at 400 and 600 this weekend

are these good for high velocity impacts on game or grenades ? I have some 175s shooting at 3250 fps they make a noticeably louder smack on a dirt bank than a 180 partition at 3300 fps I have been using a bc at .550 but not sure not an expert by any means but it seems like they might be shooting flatter than that I am going to try to see how much they drop at 400 and 600 this weekend

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are much more explosive than partitions! Their best use will be at long range, if you can hit anything with them?.......Rich

I have not been able to get them to shoot well enough to verify BC, I shot 200gr steel tips in my 308, bullets should be nearly identical to the 215 Bergers I normally shoot, 215's group under 3in at 1000 yards and the W3P's would not shoot under 1.5 in at 100 yards.

Now I see how the advertised BC values may have been established. Identify the lowest POI @ 100yds, and the highest POI @ 1000yds. That would provide for a good 15" of lift during bullet flight over 900yds. Enter those POI's into the ballistics's slide rule... Voila!

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are much more explosive than partitions! Their best use will be at long range, if you can hit anything with them?.......Rich

Lol. I know for a fact the steel tipped 230s would not stabilize in a 10 twist semi custom 300 RUM Sendero at not quite 3000fps. Your right that makes it hard to hit anything.

I have some 220s and some 210s to try yet but havent had/made the time.

In other News I went straight to Berger when ordering bullets for my 6.5 project and went with the 140 hybrid target, moving on to 6.5 Sherman. Ill need to rack your brain if thats okay Rich when it comes time to order the barrel.��

Lol. I know for a fact the steel tipped 230s would not stabilize in a 10 twist semi custom 300 RUM Sendero at not quite 3000fps. Your right that makes it hard to hit anything.

I have some 220s and some 210s to try yet but havent had/made the time.

In other News I went straight to Berger when ordering bullets for my 6.5 project and went with the 140 hybrid target, moving on to 6.5 Sherman. Ill need to rack your brain if thats okay Rich when it comes time to order the barrel.��

It doesn't take much to "rack it" but you are welcome any time:D.......rich

[/QUOTE]I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are much more explosive than partitions! Their best use will be at long range

I guess had myself convinced that if the bullet had a tough lead core & with the large base of the steel tip that they could end up working somewhat like a tipped barnes or an etip

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are much more explosive than partitions! Their best use will be at long range

I guess had myself convinced that if the bullet had a tough lead core & with the large base of the steel tip that they could end up working somewhat like a tipped barnes or an etip[/QUOTE]

They likely have a soft lead core (pure lead) and the steel tip INCREASES early expansion because it serves as a wedge immediately upon impact. The .200" base of the tip is like having a meplat of the same diameter in a non tipped bullet with the added wedge effect. I have made these bullets for several years, and expand very easily............Rich

Rich, I've got a question. Do you still manufacture these bullets? If so do you do a 230 grain .30 cal and 175 grain .30 cal? I've been slinging 175 SMK's through my 5R .308 rem 700 and been wanting to try the new 175 tipped matchking but sierra still hasn't gotten me any bullets and these also might perform better on game than the matchkings. Also I just purchased a 700 Sendero .300 RUM and a box of 230 Berger hybrid target bullets. Am interested in comparing the two side by side. Thanks man.

Rich, I've got a question. Do you still manufacture these bullets? If so do you do a 230 grain .30 cal and 175 grain .30 cal? I've been slinging 175 SMK's through my 5R .308 rem 700 and been wanting to try the new 175 tipped matchking but sierra still hasn't gotten me any bullets and these also might perform better on game than the matchkings. Also I just purchased a 700 Sendero .300 RUM and a box of 230 Berger hybrid target bullets. Am interested in comparing the two side by side. Thanks man.

I do still make bullets for my own use but am not selling them, contrary to W3P's fears! I can make ANY weight from 100 grain to 270 grain (Holy Bearing Surface):D!
I was not aware that Sierra was making a tipped bullet, but that is good to know. My 230's would have a little higher b.c. than the Bergers, maybe 10-15 pts.? Let us know how the Sierras work if you get some.........Rich

Do not get the steel tipped ones. Having done this comparisson id go with the Berger. In the essence of fairness i havent tried the aluminum tipped 230 w3p yet, It may stabilize in a standard 10 twist.....but the velocity winner (if its a concern) will still be the Berger, with the shorter bearing surface.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts