Miracle BCs on Wildcat bullets...

Jerry

I haven't done anymore testing with the 140 sst's lately. I have my 260 off to Chris Matthews right now. I am building it into an F-class rifle with a 31" Broughton 5c barrel. So when i get it back and i get the stock done i want to test the bullets again. From my earlier shoots with the bullet it flew flatter than the 139 scenars by 1-2 moa out to 1000 for me. I also am going to shoot some of Richard's 6.5 bullets too. Hopefully in a month i will be able to report back.

We're definitely looking for the miracle bullet! If those 7mm's pan out with a BC around 1.0, @ 2500 fps mv (17" barrelled XP-100), we oughtta get beyond 2000 yds. supersonic-- MAN, out of a handgun (sort of). Who woulda ever thought that possible. We'll have Bob Milek turning in his grave.

Kirby, do u know if Richard's gonna have the new dies that increase meplat concentricity for the new 7mm's??

Jason

Statement stands as written, no editing required as it is correct.

see http://www.long-range.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3605&hl=david+tubbs

The 8 twist is marginal and right on the ragged edge for the 115 according to Henry and under the "right" conditions it will shoot. The desired twist for the 115 is either the 7 or 7.5".

So not sure why anyone would build a gun that is marginally ok for twist.

BH

SS,

I believe Richard will have the dies ready to roll, at least this is the projection. His die supplier is not the most punctual at times so keep your fingers crossed.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

BH,

I have just recently tested the 115 gr Berger VLD in my 30" Lilja barreled 1-8" 6mm-284 and I am getting the same groups at 500 yards as the sierra 107 gr pills. Roughly 1/5 moa at this range.

Dan Lilja also recommends a 1-8 twist for the larger 6mm rounds using the 115 gr Bergers at least. I trust this mans opinion a great deal.

I have shot them in 20 degree weather and they land on point in tight groups. I do not know what they would do in exteme cold weather but I will not be using this rifle in such weather, this is an extreme range chuck rifle.

Just as a side note, I asked Richard about his ULD bulets in 6mm and he said that he was not impressed with the accuracy of the 6mm RBBT bullets in the heavier weights and basically told me to use want I had been using.

How many bullet makers would be this honest with you? This was quite awhile ago so the issue with the RBBT may have been corrected since then, I don't know.

Good shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
What was your load with the 115 Bergers?
I have a friend that is shooting them in 6mm-06 with 1:7 twist (without moly).
I didn't think that my 6x284's with 1:8 would stabilize the 115 Berger but now you've got my curosity going and I would like to try a few.
Are you shooting these with or without moly?
Thanks.
Larry

[ QUOTE ]
Jason

Statement stands as written, no editing required as it is correct.

see http://www.long-range.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3605&hl=david+tubbs

The 8 twist is marginal and right on the ragged edge for the 115 according to Henry and under the "right" conditions it will shoot. The desired twist for the 115 is either the 7 or 7.5".

So not sure why anyone would build a gun that is marginally ok for twist.

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

BH -- i just meant the "required" part, as we have seen, it doesnt REQUIRE a 7-7.5tw to stabilize them.

I will try my 8tw 5C straight BR if i ever get it up and running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JB

Gator,

Let me look the data up in my notes. Dont have time right now but will do so here soon.

My 6mm-284 is throated very long foro these bullets so I will try to figure a proper starting load that will be safe in your barrel.

Will get back to you.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.