I’d like to restock a model 70, not as many options as 700’s and clones.

Just weighed the Tupperware stock, it's 1lb 15oz. B&C states theirs is approx 2 lb. I'd take the far stiffer stock with the aluminum bedding block for an ounce or do difference.
Length of pull is 13-3/4"

Thank You Marc for getting that weight for me. I thought that I had Thanked You last , but didn't…..I apologize!

And I agree about the weight….a couple ounces is rather insignificant for the much increased stock "stiffness"!

Thanks again! memtb

That's a darn attractive stock!

Though, a lot heavier than we're looking for. Our rifles get carried a lot more than shot……the ounces add up on a day in the hills! memtb
I do think they look great.

They definitely are a touch heavier but i like that the weight is in the butt end and not front heavy.

It's going on a tikka and so total rifle weight should still be very manageable.

I've heard of guys drilling a couple holes from butt end to reduce weight and even chopping off the forend a couple inches.

For the price i really like them and the prairie hunter high cheek really helps with aligning with scope.

I do think they look great.

They definitely are a touch heavier but i like that the weight is in the butt end and not front heavy.

It's going on a tikka and so total rifle weight should still be very manageable.

I've heard of guys drilling a couple holes from butt end to reduce weight and even chopping off the forend a couple inches.

For the price i really like them and the prairie hunter high cheek really helps with aligning with scope.

I think that the wife would like the appearance …..but, possibly not the additional weight. Though, that additional weight would help reduce felt recoil a bit. But, in hunting situations, the recoil has never been an issue.

And no matter the weight…..she hates shooting from the bench! 😁 memtb

I don't have the stock weights of my B&C Ultra light M70 Short action stock. I do know it shaved 3 ounces off the total weight compared to the wood Featherweight original stock. I did a little skim bedding over the aluminum block and it shoots lights out. Very happy with the money, looks and performance.

My 375 Weatherby is fully bedded under the Knox form on that stock, it is the correct stock, but has an issue due to the goose neck of the buttstock somehow found it's into the tang area and was pushing the action sideways…anyway, I fixed it up. I can't seem to make the goose neck appear in the photos, but it does swing to the right by about an inch, makes for a really comfortable stock on a fast recoiling cartridge like the 375 Weatherby. My 416 Remington had exactly the same stock, but it was black with grey webbing, don't have any digital photos of that one, it was sold many years ago now.
Here's one of my EW's to compare, they are lightweight and sturdy, makes a great mountain rifle…

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 22
My 375 Weatherby is fully bedded under the Knox form on that stock, it is the correct stock, but has an issue due to the goose neck of the buttstock somehow found it's into the tang area and was pushing the action sideways…anyway, I fixed it up. I can't seem to make the goose neck appear in the photos, but it does swing to the right by about an inch, makes for a really comfortable stock on a fast recoiling cartridge like the 375 Weatherby. My 416 Remington had exactly the same stock, but it was black with grey webbing, don't have any digital photos of that one, it was sold many years ago now.
Here's one of my EW's to compare, they are lightweight and sturdy, makes a great mountain rifle…

Cheers.

When I had mine built, I had it full-length bedded also. I'm paranoid about any type of debris getting into the barrel channel and creating a pressure point changing harmonics….or water getting in and then freezing, doing the same!

Mine is just a standard Classic Stock with cheek piece. Nothing fancy….but it's functional and all I know! memtb

Check out wildcat composites. If you are willing to do some finish work

Have they resolved the usa shipping issue? They did some really neat shapes and inlets with traditional layup stocks but stopped usa shopping several years ago. Can't remember the details but Castro Canada has had a lot of firearms legislation over the last 10 years.

I put on Manners MCS-T on my Model 70 25-06 and it turned out nice. The bare stock weighed in at 28.7 oz. That was 3 years ago, I'm not seeing Winchester as a current inlet option, wonder if it's worth an email to Manners…

I have been using Boyd Stocks for years and all have been great. The last one was for a Zastava Mauser and the
fit was truly astonishing. It required a very little clean up prior to glassing it.