I’d like to restock a model 70, not as many options as 700’s and clones.

So Marc, how much heavier in round figures, is the B&C over the "tupperware" stock.

It's for my wife, and would like to keep the weight pretty similar to where we are now. memtb
Just weighed the Tupperware stock, it's 1lb 15oz. B&C states theirs is approx 2 lb. I'd take the far stiffer stock with the aluminum bedding block for an ounce or do difference.
Length of pull is 13-3/4"

Attachments

• 20240301_211729.jpg
    20240301_211729.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Just weighed the Tupperware stock, it's 1lb 15oz. B&C states theirs is approx 2 lb. I'd take the far stiffer stock with the aluminum bedding block for an ounce or do difference.
Length of pull is 13-3/4"

Amen Brother! That sounds pretty darn good.

B&C sure has come a long way since I bought one in the mid '90's. Her rifle has a 2 piece (3 screw) bottom metal…..it seems that the B&C is not a drop in. Hopefully, I can make it work if we get one!

Thanks for all of your help! memtb

The B&C is a huge positive step up from those flimsy 'Tupperware' stocks, yet not quite as stiff as a HS-Precision, which is what my Classic Stainless in 375 Weatherby wears, my 300WM, 264WM & 338WM all have the B&C stock, my 7STW has the HS-Precision and they wear a bi-pod a little sturdier than the B&C.
Both have the aluminium bedding block and there is no flex in the fore end, but the HS-Precision is a few ounces heavier.
These are what I have used on all of my builds, excellent middle priced stocks for hunting rifles.
Here's my 375 Weatherby.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpeg
    IMG_2667.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 42
Amen Brother! That sounds pretty darn good.

B&C sure has come a long way since I bought one in the mid '90's. Her rifle has a 2 piece (3 screw) bottom metal…..it seems that the B&C is not a drop in. Hopefully, I can make it work if we get one!

Thanks for all of your help! memtb
B&C used to make a stock for the two-piece floor plate. I bought one not realizing it and cracked it when I tightened the action screws. They sent me a medalist stock to replace the first on. Went to the web site and see that they discontinued that model.

Yep, can't believe that there aren't more options available.

I wanted to upgrade my wife's stock, she resisted…..now likely too late. I've a McMillan on mine….but it was built in 1990!

Good Luck with your search. memtb
I received an email back from McMillan and was assured they do inletting for model 70 CRF. The list Josh sent me was the game Warden, game scout, a-5, a3-5, and several others. I don't know how much of fitting is left for the end user to finish and then bed of course. I have a Winchester Stealth in 308 that is a fine shooting rifle that eventually I'll order an a-5 for just to get the vertical grip and get out of the HS-Precision that it's in. The hs- precision is really nice but I just do not like the grip area.

I can't afford (actually wife refuses) the cash to purchase one of the high end stocks.

I'm a bit disappointed that B&C only offers their stocks for the one-piece bottom metal, my wife's .338 WM is a SS push feed with the 2-piece. I think that the Sporter Style is the one we would go with, as it would be the closest (I think) to the original Winchester stock.

Last night I did a bit of studying, it seems that the one-piece can be modified for the two-piece…..but that may be "above my pay grade"! Then, I'd need to cut it off and reinstall a Decellerator.

Heck, by the time it's all done…..the HS starts to look a little better. Decisions…..Decisions! 🤔 memtb

The B&C is a huge positive step up from those flimsy 'Tupperware' stocks, yet not quite as stiff as a HS-Precision, which is what my Classic Stainless in 375 Weatherby wears, my 300WM, 264WM & 338WM all have the B&C stock, my 7STW has the HS-Precision and they wear a bi-pod a little sturdier than the B&C.
Both have the aluminium bedding block and there is no flex in the fore end, but the HS-Precision is a few ounces heavier.
These are what I have used on all of my builds, excellent middle priced stocks for hunting rifles.
Here's my 375 Weatherby.

Cheers.

Good look'n little rifle there. When I had my AI built, I went with a McMillan Classic. My only regret with it is, I didn't get the "palm swell"….which I told the 'smith that I wanted. After 34 years as my only hunt'n rifle….I guess that I adapted! 😁 memtb