I’d like to restock a model 70, not as many options as 700’s and clones.

Have they resolved the usa shipping issue? They did some really neat shapes and inlets with traditional layup stocks but stopped usa shopping several years ago. Can't remember the details but Castro Canada has had a lot of firearms legislation over the last 10 years.
I can't say for sure, there web page says they can.

I've got some really good input on this thread. I have a hard time making my mind up sometimes but I may buy a Boyd's. I had no idea that laser checking looked as good as it does until one of the member posted a pic. Prairie Hunter looks to be a good pattern. May buy a Boyd's Spike Camp for a skinny barreled Weatherby Vanguard I bought in the mid to late 80's. Back then Vanguards came in a Ramline which I stiffened but it's still Tupperware.

For a long time I was a "wood and metal" guy and could not warm up to the synthetic stock idea.
Cost ? Looks ? I don't know.

Fast forward...
Some of the synthetic stocks are very well designed/engineered and I think they increase performance.
And they look pretty good as well.

For a long time I was a "wood and metal" guy and could not warm up to the synthetic stock idea.
Cost ? Looks ? I don't know.

Fast forward...
Some of the synthetic stocks are very well designed/engineered and I think they increase performance.
And they look pretty good as well.
I was just the opposite. I jumped on the synthetic band wagon in the 80's. Then about 2000 ish I started building turn of the century English Express rifles with English, Bastogne, Claro etc. I still enjoy inletting and fitting a wood stock with a good piece of wood. Dang near lost art. I won't say I've come back full circle to synthetic but todays synthetic stocks, Grayboe, AG, Manners etc not only work good but not bad to look at. I like um all, wood, fiberglass, CF whatever. They all have there purpose. I have a Grayboe Terrain in Gap Splash Camo that is striking to look at. Gap Splash Camo is mown tight pretty.

I've got some really good input on this thread. I have a hard time making my mind up sometimes but I may buy a Boyd's. I had no idea that laser checking looked as good as it does until one of the member posted a pic. Prairie Hunter looks to be a good pattern. May buy a Boyd's Spike Camp for a skinny barreled Weatherby Vanguard I bought in the mid to late 80's. Back then Vanguards came in a Ramline which I stiffened but it's still Tupperware.
The boyd at longer length of pull...i prefer 14... does get touch heavier but i prefer that back end weight.

The featherweight thumbhole is light and a really nice feeling stock but i know thumbhole doesn't work for every person.

The boyd at longer length of pull...i prefer 14... does get touch heavier but i prefer that back end weight.

The featherweight thumbhole is light and a really nice feeling stock but i know thumbhole doesn't work for every person.
I like a longer length of pull too. 14 to 14 1/2. I'm a big guy with broad shoulders, 35 inch inseam sleeves and long neck even though I'm only 6'2.