First Long Range Scope

Optically the Meopta scopes are hard to beat for the price. Look at the (Optika 6 models).
The above mentioned Bushnell elite tactical is built like a tank.

Just bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor and now need to put a scope on it. I'm having trouble figuring out which scope to put on it. My goal is to stay between $500-$1000 on a scope.
Any advice between Athlon, Bushnell, Meopta, Burris?
Check out Tract Optics. They use Zeiss glass.

Be very careful with scopes on EBay as most are probably a Chinese knock off......great caution when buying scopes on eBay! Check models and serial numbers closely! But hey...the Swarovskis at 450.00 are a Super Deal!
Thanks for the info I did not know that.
I will not be giving out that advice from now on, definitely do not want anyone to have a bad experience on bad advice.

Just bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor and now need to put a scope on it. I'm having trouble figuring out which scope to put on it. My goal is to stay between $500-$1000 on a scope.
Any advice between Athlon, Bushnell, Meopta, Burris?
I have a Vortex I took off a Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor Precision rifle. I sold the rifle without the scope. Rifle was too heavy for hunting. Only 20 rounds through the tifle with scope mounted. Perfect like-new condition. Vortex Viper PST GEN 2, PST-5255, 5-25x50 FFP, EBR-2C MOA Reticle. Price new $1025.95. Box, covers, and all original papers. Asking $875.

My advice is always this: increase your max budget by 50%, find the best scope in that price range, and then look for a used one that's actually in your budget. A $1500 scope for $1000 is pretty much always going to be better than a $1000 scope new. Also, when looking for recommendations it helps to prioritize features. Are you looking for a beefy scope with tactical exposed turrets or a lightweight scope. Distance you'll be shooting? Conditions/foliage/lighting/etc?
I agree! Plus, most (not all) scopes in the $1,500 range have transferable lifetime warranties.
My advice is always this: increase your max budget by 50%, find the best scope in that price range, and then look for a used one that's actually in your budget. A $1500 scope for $1000 is pretty much always going to be better than a $1000 scope new. Also, when looking for recommendations it helps to prioritize features. Are you looking for a beefy scope with tactical exposed turrets or a lightweight scope. Distance you'll be shooting? Conditions/foliage/lighting/etc?

I saw an ad yesterday for a burris long range scope for half off. I have several new scopes in boxes so I didn't pay much attention to the ad.

Sightron lll. I own 4. 10-50x60. I even use this big scope for hunting. If you don't need 50x it's there for you any way. No need for binoculars. MD

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.