Help with First long range scope

First time reading the specs. on this scope. It is not rated for an air gun. Does an air gun have to much recoil?

joseph

air guns (the better ones) can be extremely hard on scopes do to the "double recoil" fore and aft they have.

I am a little late to this thread so you may already have been given similar advice but if not I would start by answering these questions. It will help you greatly and allow you to narrow down your choices to a manageable number. Scope overload is one of the biggest issues when you first start looking.

1. Do you want MIL or MOA turrets and/or reticle?

2. Do you want a specialized reticle, ie BDC, MILDOT, MIL-Hash, MOA-Hash,etc. or just a standard duplex.

If you are going to have a duplex then that means you will be dialing the turrets for your longer shots so make sure you get repeatable turrets. Nothing is more important.

3. Do you want a First Focal Plane (FFP) or Second Focal Plane (SFP) reticle?

If you are going to use the reticle for holdover I strongly suggest you look at FFP. There are reasons to get FFP even if you aren't going to use the reticle for holdover but it is especially good if you are.

Thanks to those who helped

I went with the Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 x50 M1 Tactical Milling Reticle

Its not exactly what I wanted but its close as I can afford.

Nightforce is just too much, even used.gun)

Thanks to those who helped

I went with the Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 x50 M1 Tactical Milling Reticle

Its not exactly what I wanted but its close as I can afford.

Nightforce is just too much, even used.gun)

If you got a Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP MOA or Mil which would have everything you need it would only cost you $900. I have one in MOA and the glass is great and the tracking is spot on & I think the reticle easier to use than the TMR. I think that the PST is a much better scope than the one you picked. :rolleyes:

Just my .02,

joseph

If you got a Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP MOA or Mil which would have everything you need it would only cost you $900. I have one in MOA and the glass is great and the tracking is spot on & I think the reticle easier to use than the TMR. I think that the PST is a much better scope than the one you picked. :rolleyes:

Just my .02,

joseph

Agreed! Switch to the Viper quick before the order goes out. :)

I did not see the group guy thing, and Ive never heard of that scope. How long it will before the purchase can be made seems unknown, but thanks.

Where the heck were you guys BEFORE i got the scope????

Nobody answered untill I posted what I got then all the recommendations started poping up......

I did not see the group guy thing, and Ive never heard of that scope. How long it will before the purchase can be made seems unknown, but thanks.

Where the heck were you guys BEFORE i got the scope????

Nobody answered untill I posted what I got then all the recommendations started poping up......

I made mention of it in an earlier post but as no one knew a release date or price I didn't go into it.
Sorry

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.