First 7mmSTW and Accubond Long Range Bullets

drakehammer

Hello everyone,
Not trying to beat a dead horse here but I really need some clarification. I am excited to be picking up my first 7mmSTW build tomorrow in Memphis. Like many people, I was drawn to the big BCs advertised on the Accubond Long Range bullets so I proceeded to buy plenty of the 150gr and 168gr flavor in 7mm earmarked for the STW. However, I am concerned about the accuracy / precision issues that many people seem to be having with these bullets at higher velocities. What I am looking for is the final verdict on these bullets, if there is such a thing. I don't want to waste time and barrel life just to achieve mediocre to poor group size, when there are other easier options. My rifle is a hunter. Built on a donor Rem 700 action, it has a 26"+ heavy sporter Brux 9 twist 4 groove barrel with Vais microbrake, HS Precision stock bedded, and a Jewell 2# trigger. Can you offer me your 7STW specific experience with these two bullets please? I've read here that the high velocity is the problem, while also reading that barrel(s) were the problem. It's kind of unclear at this point. I'm not new to reloading so I can handle a little development work. But if high velocity is an issue, I have a nearly identical new 7mm08 built in a Stiller action that I'm picking up tomorrow as well. Or I can use them in a factory 7 Rem Mag. I have options. But if they just suck, I'm willing to eat the cost. Looking for any input you might have.
Much thanks!
Jesse

I have not shot the LRABs. Too many problems cropped up for me to try them. I also have a 9 twist 26" STW and stocked up on Berger 180s in HVLD and Hybrids. I also got a order in early for 162 & 175 gr. Hornadys. Some are getting good results, they say, with the LRABs so you might try them before you go another route. Good luck with your new toys.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.