Nosler long range accubond bullet reviews

gun)gun)
OK, I gots to ask. Are you guys actually happy with the performance of the accubond on big game?

Before you beat me up, let me explain:

I am a big game hunting guide and this past fall I guided 4 elk hunters that were using accubond bullets. Each hunter was using a diferent cartridge (300 win mag, 7mm, 270, 280 remington). Each hunter harvested an elk and hunter also killed a buck mule deer. The only 1 shot kill was on the mule deer. Shot distance varried from 60 yds (270) to 340 yds (300 win). Every elk was hit in the chest area and all but 1 took more than 1 follow up shot.

I have not had such a bad experience with bullet performance in all the years I have been guiding. Ive read several posts over time with people stating that they like this bullet but I could not, in good judgment based on this experience, ever decide to load accubonds in one of my elk rifles.

Thoughts?

I've loaded 200 AB's in a 300 Ultra for a friend for a few years now. I think he's taken 6 deer with it at ranges from 50 yards to 410. Of the 6 I think he's had 1 pass all the way through. The rest break up and fail to make it through. All 6 were dead within 10 yards and usually drop at the shot but the lack of an exit wound could be troublesome if you ever needed a blood trail to track one

I'm talking about blood trails I'm talking about failure to execute a quick humane kill. I am seen the accubond work good on deer just not on elk. Afet first visiting this post I have talked to several h Tera who have quit shooting elk with accubond bullets. I have also talked to some who like them. But the majority of people I asked prefer something else after using the accubond.

I personally have not shot accubonds at elk but have had several clients use them and I have yet to a 1 shot kill on elk with an accubond. Not a single one. I have however seen many one shot elk kills with other bullets. It has been so bad that I cringe every time a client show up in camp with those bullets on an elk hunt. In todays world of fantastic bullets to choose from I would not choose th accubond.

Year: 2006
Rifle: Remington Sendero
Caliber: 300 Remington Ultra Mag
Bullet: Nosler Accubond 200 gr.
Distance: 470 yards
Number of shots: 1 (one)
comments: Picture shows exit wound --- Ran Short distance not knowing he was dead! :rolleyes: It was my son's hunt.

2uqgmkm.jpg

2dj1bud.jpg

Congrats on your sons elk! Hunting with our kids is the best part of our sport. I realize there a success stories with the accubond. I just don't have any and I can only comment on my experiences. Unfortunately my experiences are not that good.

have you seen the boatails on the accubond lr's? long and sleek. I love noslers hunting bullets accubond and ballistic tip. have always been great for elk and deer. holds up through shoulder bones and everything.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.