Accubond Long Range

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Wachsmann, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Wachsmann

Wachsmann Well-Known Member

I have been tring to find some of the LRAB but cannot find any in stock at any stores in Utah Salt lake Provo vally area, Anyone got any ideals on where to get some. I am tring to get 30cal 210 grain bullets for my RUM. Had no luck online either. Nosler emailed me and said all the bullets have been sent to there distributers already. Any ideals. If not I will be working a load up with the 210 bergears. Thanks...

2. jason7

jason7 Member

Any luck yet?

3. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

Midway says they will have them on the 31st...

4. jason7

jason7 Member

The website still says back order- unknown. I called but they are closed already. Did you speak to someone at midway?

5. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

Can't find any in Denver either.

6. Engineering101

Engineering101 Well-Known Member

Wachsmann

In about February I placed a backorder with Graffs for a box each of most of the various calibers of ALRs. Shortly after this Graffs was swamped and quit taking back orders of ALRs though they left my order on the books.

I got the 150 grain .277 bullets a few weeks ago and have some 270 WSM loaded for a session tomorrow. I also saw two boxes of these on the shelf down at Sportsmans yesterday. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of the rest of them anywhere. Another local gunshop I like had shelves full of regular ABs yesterday but they were unaware of the ALRs (and there were none at their distributors).

I think I got their attention when I explained that I’d be buying NONE of what they have on their shelves anymore and that they better get some of the ALRs. I suppose all we can do is keep checking the national chains as Nosler and/or the SHOT show would have informed their buyers regards these bullets so at least they would have ordered them – unlike my local shop. By the way, ALRs are about $5 cheaper per 50 than regular ABs!

7. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the 175 gr 7mm bullets.

8. Wachsmann

Wachsmann Well-Known Member

When ever they hit the stores I'll be looking for the 175 7mm's and the 210 30cal. But I'm not going to hold my breath over these. I still have a box of bergers I'm tring to develop. I hope the 210 berger and the 210 ALR's are very similar as for volicity in my rifle. Will have to see.

9. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

Midway just changed the delivery date to September 9 for the 7mm 150, 168 and 175 LR accubonds. Not very happy about this.

10. clambdin

clambdin Well-Known Member

I noticed midway changed the delivery dates also ! Funny I talked to Nosler last week and they told me they just shipped out a large amount of the 168 LRAB...So where did they go ?

11. Elkhunter1983

Elkhunter1983 Well-Known Member

Probably not the smartest financial decision to get these out in enough lead time before hunting season. Like the Chicago Cubs...There's always next year.

12. blackdog

blackdog Well-Known Member

I just saw a box of the new .270 150g ABLR sitting on the shelf last weekend at my local sporting goods store. I thought about buying it and putting it up for sale here for someone in need.

13. 270 MKV

270 MKV Well-Known Member

Just picked up a box of ALR .277 cal pills today. Going to load them up to the same velocity as my 165 matrix pills (2840) and see how they compare at 1000 yards. Hope to get it done this weekend sometine.

14. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

Think you could post of a pic of them side by side? So we can kinda get an idea on how overly estimated the BC is?