INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by POP, Oct 31, 2012.

1. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
    bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

[​IMG]

These are awesome! Nosler is going to take the long range market by storm.
    Way to go Nosler.

2. venom600

venom600 Well-Known Member

Very interesting......where did you find this announcement?

--Ben

3. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

From Nosler, just announced.

JD338

4. sendero72

sendero72 Well-Known Member

Do the they list the twist rates for each weight?

5. POP

POP Well-Known Member

6. Mikiedem

Mikiedem Well-Known Member

I just emailed them last week on just this subject.

7. apples

apples Active Member

Is there any word of a 338 or 375 version?

8. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

Do you have MSRP's for these?

9. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

That's excellent news, I just hope the B.C.'s aren't inflated. I will certainly get in line to try some in my 7mm dakota.

Nathan

10. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

This is very good news!!

I've asked for years, why is it that we don't have a bonded bullet, tipped (or not), but shaped like a VLD that is a hunting bullet.

They need a 140 in 6.5mm

11. sendero72

sendero72 Well-Known Member

Spoke with Mike at Nosler. Both the 7mm 168 and 175 will stabilize in a 9 twist. Crop depredation should be interesting to say the least this spring. This may encourage Hornady to get in the long range game officially. Only goes to prove that competition is a good thing!

12. CBS

CBS Well-Known Member

will these be available in other Nosler products? (BTs?) i had a terrible experience with accubonds on deer and won't use them again.

13. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

POP

Why the light weight 6.5? Is it geared more towards the Grendel crowd? Any plans for a 140g?

14. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

Should make a 95g 6mm AB... they have partitions, why not ABs