Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 77
View attachment 23958

Grit your teeth & cuss enough, & then your wife shows you how:rolleyes:
But even a cowboy like me can eventually figure it out.:D

There are now no excuses for anyone to not post a picture now:D

I'm liking the looks of the 270 ALR, the 30 cal does nothing for me and the 7mm won't get it on many levels but the 270 may prove interesting!

The Berger 270 cals are not as sleek as some of the newer offerings, the boatails are a little on the blunt side and they look a little more ordinary than the aggressive VLD's we're seeing now. Just looking at the pics I'd say the ALR will bring a decent increase in performance to the 150 class bullet in our 270's. It would really blow my skirt up if it was 10 gr heavier gun)

That's a great shot winmag, I'm assuming that's you riding the bronc? But I do have to say that I think it's cruel to ride horses with no hind legs ;)

Seriously, about this thread, the ABLR bullets are the most anticipated bullets I've been looking for all year, hopefully Nosler will ramp up production fast.

Last night I got a notice from Midway that they had the 7mm 168 grain in stock, I was about 50 minutes late in seeing the notice and by the time I accessed their site they were out of stock :(

I'm looking for the 30 cal 190 grain ABLR and the 7mm 168 grain at this time because both my rifles use the Alpha 300 WSM mags and my max coal is 2.970 and I am worried that the longer 210 and 175 bullets will have to be pushed too far back into my WSM cases

View attachment 23958

Grit your teeth & cuss enough, & then your wife shows you how:rolleyes:
But even a cowboy like me can eventually figure it out.:D

That's a great shot winmag, I'm assuming that's you riding the bronc? But I do have to say that I think it's cruel to ride horses with no hind legs ;)

Seriously, about this thread, the ABLR bullets are the most anticipated bullets I've been looking for all year, hopefully Nosler will ramp up production fast.

Last night I got a notice from Midway that they had the 7mm 168 grain in stock, I was about 50 minutes late in seeing the notice and by the time I accessed their site they were out of stock :(

I'm looking for the 30 cal 190 grain ABLR and the 7mm 168 grain at this time because both my rifles use the Alpha 300 WSM mags and my max coal is 2.970 and I am worried that the longer 210 and 175 bullets will have to be pushed too far back into my WSM cases

Ya it's me, but it was a while ago. Had to train him how to do that so I'd look cool for the ladies. Then I got married. Talk about a cruel thing to do! :D

I'm keeping my ear to the ground for the 190's. My "cousin-in-law" works there, so ill letcha know when they start up production of a new batch.

My source at Nosler stated that they did a run of 30 cal 210s, 270 in 150, of which i got a few. The next production run will be the 30 cal 190s and the 7s probably not until late Sept, making hunting iffy this year for most of us.

I shoot a 270 Improved and i run a normal 150 at 3150. I hope to get that with these bullets.

I shoot the Matrix 165s at 2950. I have a 25" douglas barrel.

Ya it's me, but it was a while ago. Had to train him how to do that so I'd look cool for the ladies. Then I got married. Talk about a cruel thing to do! :D

I'm keeping my ear to the ground for the 190's. My "cousin-in-law" works there, so ill letcha know when they start up production of a new batch.

Guess what, I got another notice yesterday at 1:53pm that they were back in stock for the 7mm 168 gr again, but I was taking my son to the doctor and now they're sold out... again, I should have put in a backorder for them, but my 7 WSM is strictly a long range tactical rig that weighs about 15lbs and there's no way I'm going to take that hunting. I'm wanting to build a lightweight long range 7mm where I might use the .284, 7mm RSAUM or stick with the 7WSM for that, not sure yet as I'm still investigating my options.

My hunting rig is a 300WSM so I'm more concerned about the 190 grainers from Nosler. Thank you for keeping me in mind, I appreciate that. So was "marriage" the cruel thing to do, or giving up bronc riding ;) In no way am I knocking marriage, I love my wife dearly and it's nice to see that she supports my hunting/shooting habits much more than she used to, she's even gone shooting with me (we have a range on our property) a few times and is getting used to that fact, have taken my 12 year old son out too which has been a lot of fun, would like to take him hunting next year so we'll see.

Thanks for the heads up on Third Generation. I only bought one box, so there is still one left as off a few minutes ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts