Do you hunt coyotes?

Do you hunt coyotes?

• YES

Votes: 1,658 83.7%
  • NO

Votes: 322 16.3%

• Total voters
I get a kick out of most of the coyote hunting videos taken in the wide open areas where you can see them coming hundreds of yards away. Must be nice! I hunt them in the post oak forrest and that means it is up close and personal. A tight choked 12 gauge with #4s are just about right OR an AR 15 with a red dot is a great choice as well here in NW AR and SE OK. How ever you do it ....it is some kind of fun.

I have read on the web of a new HOT PLACE to hunt coyotes are you ready NEWYORKERS IT's CENTRAL PARK park rangers are seeing more and more coyotes all the time a collage next too or close had a lock down as a pair of coyotes were near to the dorms

I hunt them during the normal season, but have been unsucccessful due to restrictions of only hunting with a shotgun. (NJ law.)
I have shot them incidentally while deer hunting however.

hunt them all year here in AZ. It is fun and can be a tune up for any hunt. They are pretty smart or should I say the smart ones live longer. They are a challenge when they are smart. Spring and summer time i usually just see how many have come back from the previous fall and winter. Lots of people have been coyote hunting here and the coyotes have gotten smarter faster. I guess alot of newbies? But it has made me think more on how to outsmart a coyote. :D

I love to hunt coyotes. Been hunting for yotes for 14 years. 13 years on private ranches in eastern Oregon. Had some awesome days on those ranches. I called in 47 and we killed 29. Second best time was, called in 43 and we killed 27. These 2 seperate hunts were for 3 days. But unforuantely my hunting partner is not interested in going anymore. I can't take any one else with me. Last year I went by myself 3 times and killed 14. Should of been alot more, hard to cover all the ground.

gunaddict, those are some good numbers. Just curious...why can't you take any one else with you hunting?

When I first got permission, I told the ranch owners I would only take my friend with me or my daughter. The one rancher had not let anyone hunt on his property for 14 years due to killing of 1 of his prize bulls, before I got permission.. I had to build trust with them. I would like to take someone else, but do i take a chance on other people screwing up my hunting grounds. I've had it happen to me before,twice in my deer hunting grounds. But as it stands now I will have to hunt by myself, as my daughter is married. She used to shoot benchrest, varmint, and jr rifle competition. she killed her first elk and deer at 14yrs old. Now she doesn't even shoot. Plus none of my other friends are into coyote hunting like I am. I would go with someone else but not on the private ranches.

gunaddict, thanks for responding. I can understand where your coming from. Sounds like your daughter was quite the shooter and hunting companion, maybe one day she'll get the bug again and go with you. Take care.

I usually run into them while hunting hogs. If it's getting late and the situation favors a good shot on a yote I will take it. Tons of them out here in Texas. I don't mind them but I would rather hunt deer and I know they are hurting the deer population in my area.

COYOTE picture by sniper762 - Photobucket
sniper762

As much as possible...up here in Sascrathmeonce...they poliferate...which makes huting most enjoyable...started when I was 14 and 30 years later...always learning! I have a lovely collection of calls both mouth and e-calls...this years our coyote derby was a blast and my two sons and I won the youth category...will continue till I cannot hunt...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.