Do You Hunt Upland Birds?

Do You Hunt Upland Birds?

• YES

Votes: 664 67.4%
  • NO

Votes: 321 32.6%

• Total voters
I'm from South Dakota originally, so pheasant hunting has always been a mainstay. I love grouse hunting in south western North Dakota too.

Used to hunt pheasants all the time here in Iowa, but have not in the last 5 years.
Bird counts are down due to hard winters, lack of cover, to many predators such as red tail hawks.

Yes. Due to work restrictions over the last few years though I now just take a week off and hunt pheasants the whole week and work my butt off the rest of the season. Dog just hates me the rest of the year. :(

Well...since the reason my name is NH Griff is short for Wired Hair Pointing Griffon, my dog would bite my leg off if we didn't get out often for upland birds. I hunt at least once a week for grouse here in New England and travel to Kansas for 2 weeks of hunting every year. He's an ugly dog but I love him and he works hard for me. The dog work is the best part.

FieldGus.jpg
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I wish there was a way to take him deer hunting as I really enjoy bow hunting and he hates it when I go out in Camo without him.

I do, but mostly as targets of opportunity. Its the only ''non-red meat'' I enjoy. Pheasant, chucker, hunn, grouse, and turkeys. But very rarely do I get to hunt em on purpose. Most all of my free time is dedicated to family, and big game hunting, when the season is open for hunting upland birds. You can bet Ill take one if I get a chance tho. Rub yellow mustard and seasoning salt on em, throw it on a stick and cook em on a camp fire for the added smoke flavor. My mouth is watering...........

I was born to hunt Pheasants with my German Shorthaired Pointers, I have had 5 in the last 13 years. I am fairly sure they are the best dogs to ever flush a pheasant.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.