Do you archery hunt for elk?

• YES

Votes: 441 33.0%
  • NO

Votes: 652 48.8%
  • Not yet, but I plan to.

Votes: 242 18.1%

• Total voters
I would love to but haven't yet, as far as the arrow going through the animal it depends a lot on placement but also on arrow speed and type and sharpness of the head i would personally love to get my hands on some RAMCAT broadheads but i currently have some Rage three blade mechanicals that are great

I'd be working on the corresponding eye. Hand seems more important to me. I'm a lefty, and although i kick righty, i see with the proper eye, so me and me left-handed bow are getting along fine.
Don't have much arrow time yet, but I'll get good enough soon and then start chasing archery tags. If nothing else, its a great life skill.

Your left eye dominate , makes it hard . I have a bad left shoulder and can't shoot a bow with my right arm,so I tought myself to shoot left handed and have been shooting that way for10 or more years.Don't have any problem out to 60yards ,but thats as far as I'd want to shoot at anything & feel safe with my placement . It's practice , practice & practice .I'm right eye dominate .

If i only had one opportunity to hunt elk, it would be with the bow.

SO many less hunters, and the aobility to listen to a bugling bull coming into your calls is amazing.

I've shot 4 bulls with my bow. MANY with the rifle, i dont get the excitement out of rifle hunting.

Long range shooting is more of a hobby for me.

I would definitely like to archery hunt for elk one day, but for now I have to hunt only with rifles since I am from europe and bow hunting is not allowed over here...

Love to hunt period. But if I had to choose only one weapon and one animal, it would be archery elk. So for as long as I can pull my bow you'll find me out there someplace.

I have been on two archery elk hunts. Hearing the bulls bugling and having up close encounters is a great experience. I was fortunate to harvest a nice bull on my second elk hunt at 6 yards with my bow. Definitely not long range, even for archery standards, but the experience of being that close to a 800 pound bull is priceless :D

I've been archery elk hunting for the last 33 years. I have missed a few years along the way. Last 7 been using a longbow or recurve. Killed a cow in 2010 with the 50# recurve, 12 yard shot. Back in '81 killed my first cow with a compound(15 yards) another around '97(20 yds). I have never been rifle hunting for elk. I thought I might go back to Wyoming this year with my "Any Elk" tag since I was unsuccessful during archery. However, that just did not materialize. I love the experience and challenge of bowhunting elk. Last 7 years been taking our horses to get us back in there easier plus having a horse to pack one out is nice.

Recent Posts